How Did We End Up Here?

Things have been rough lately for stage crew worker Miranda. She has to work two jobs just to get by. Until she does a show for 5 Seconds of Summer and she and her friend Daniel get asked to tour with them! Miranda starts to fall for one of the boys but it threatens her job, where if something happened she would have to go back to Montana and face everything she left behind.
*Cover art made with Pic Collage

13. ch.13

The show ended. Everything went smoothly. We did a two more shows in New York until we had to leave next stop, Canada. The manager came up to me.

"Hey, we need someone to drive them to the airport, Miranda can you drive them?" He said pointing to the boys.

"Yeah, of course" I said

"Okay, Me, Daniel and Nebraska will ride in the other car" The manager said.

"Wait Nebraska's coming?" I said.

"Yeah, The boys told me that we should add her to the crew last night"

"Oh my god really, Yay!" I said

"Okay, lets go we have a tight schedule to keep" The manager said tossing me the keys to a small white van with extremely tinted windows.

"Shotgun!" Michael called running to the car. I giggled and hopped in the front seat. I drove out of the parking lot.

"So, Michael...you and Nebraska!" I said smiling.

"Oh you don't know" Calum said.

"What do I not know?" I said, my eyes widening

"Should we tell her?" Calum asked, Ignoring me

"What do I not know!" I asked louder

"Go ahead" Luke said

"Okay so Michael and Nebraska met in high school and dated pretty much all through high school until she got offered a scholarship at this fancy makeup school in New York and Michael started touring with the band and they lost touch." Calum said.

"Wow...so do you still like her?" I asked. Michael didn't say anything but he smiled and looked out the window. Ashton leaned forward from the backseat.

"I think he does" He said looking at Michael and smiling. Soon we arrived at the airport. I lugged all the bags out of the back of the van. The boys took their bags from my arms and Michael went to go talk to Nebraska.

"So, Michael and Nebraska" I said as me, Calum, Luke, and Ashton watched Michael and Nebraska walk into the airport together.

"Yeah" Ashton said

"What do you think the manager's gonna do?" Luke asked

"I don't know-" I said "Would he really get that mad?"

"I don't know" Ashton said. When we walked in there were camera's and fans everywhere. Security made a circle around the boys the manager Nebraska and me. We went through security and soon we were on a private jet. My whole life I've flown third class, this was a huge jump. I sat down next to Ashton and across from Luke and Calum. Michael and Nebraska were near the front of the plane talking. You have to admit, it is kind of sweet, she's the hairstylist and he's well, Michael Clifford. We talked until the plane landed. We walked through a sea of fans again surrounded by security and got to a tour bus. Then we drove down to a hotel, we checked in and soon we were in the boys room watching a movie. I sat next to Ashton and Nebraska. We watched a horror movie. I wasn't super scary it was mostly just jump scares. One embarrassing thing did happen, when a bloody demon came down unexpectedly from the ceiling I jumped into Ashton's lap. Everyone laughed at me... but seriously! It was scary. After the movie me and Nebraska went back to the room and Daniel was asleep, of course...come to think of it he'd been kind of a ghost all day. Me and Nebraska put our pajamas on and started getting ready for bed.

"Kind of a fan?" I said

"You and Michael dated all through high school!"

"Yeah...they told you" She said, washing her face

"Of course they told me!" I said

"Your really close to them aren't you" She said

"I don't know, I guess" I said. I'd never thought of it until now but I might of been closer to them than I thought.

"What about you and Ashton?" She said

"Let's just focus on you" I said

"So are you and Michael an Item again?" I asked

"Don't tell him this, but i think so...were talking more and he had his arm around me when we were watching that movie and...DO NOT TELL ANYONE THIS...you promise?" She said

"Yeah I promise" I said

"He kissed me" She said smiling and turning red