How Did We End Up Here?

Things have been rough lately for stage crew worker Miranda. She has to work two jobs just to get by. Until she does a show for 5 Seconds of Summer and she and her friend Daniel get asked to tour with them! Miranda starts to fall for one of the boys but it threatens her job, where if something happened she would have to go back to Montana and face everything she left behind.
*Cover art made with Pic Collage

9. ch.09

"Wake up!" I woke up to see Luke shaking me awake.

"Where are we?" I asked sitting up.

"Still on the road...almost to New York" He said.

"So why did you wake me up?" I asked putting my feet on the ground,

"And where's Daniel?"

"Over there" Luke said pointing to Daniel.

"So why did you wake me up?" I asked again.

"Because we need to stop for gas and I need you to check if there's any fans" He said. I sat up on the couch and thought for a minute.

"Why can't Daniel do it?" I asked.

"I don't know, he told me to wake you up." He said. I stood up as the bus stopped.

"So what do I do?" I asked

"Just walk out there and causally check for crazy fans" He said. I walked over to the door and saw Daniel, I gave him a dirty look.

"This is stupid but okay" I said leaving the bus and casually or rather trying to look casual. It seemed fine. I peeked my head in the door.

"Its cool" I said.

"Sweet, thanks" Luke said.

"No problem" I said looking angrily at Daniel. All the boys walked out of the bus. When a crazy girl came out from behind the freaking bus and tackled Michael like a linebacker. I peeled the girl off Michael and radioed for some help. No one came...thanks. You'd think they have some security besides me and Daniel! God!

"Can I have a picture" The girl asked Michael while I was trying to hold her back.

"Of course" Michael said. I let the girl go and she ran to Michael and hugged him, it was kind of sweet. Michael smiled and hugged the girl back.

"Miranda can you take the picture?" Michael asked.

"Ofcourse" I said taking the girls phone from her hand.

"Say Cheese" I said hitting the button on the girls phone.

"Thank you so much" She said

"No problem" Michael said. Soon the girl left and we walked into the gas station. I went to the bathroom and bought some chips and a water. When I was at the check out line Luke came up to me.

"Nice going" He said sarcastically.

"I am SO sorry" I said feeling extremely guilty.

"Its fine" Luke said.

"I'll forgive you if you buy me a coffee, I left my wallet on the bus"

"Totally!" I said. He smiled and walked over to the coffee station. I suddenly realized my hair was a mess. I reached into my pocket and found the bandana, I wrapped it around my hair as a cover for now. Luke came up with the coffee and set it on the counter.

"I'll be buying this too" I said grabbing some money from my wallet and giving it to the lady.

"I'm sorry, are you Luke Hemmings?" The cashier asked.

"Yes, I am" Luke said.

"My daughter loves you will you take a picture and sign this" She said handing Luke a napkin.

"Yeah" He said smiling. He took a selfie with the cashier and signed the napkin.

"Thank you, hope you enjoy the coffee" She said.

"Tell your daughter I say Hello!" Luke said waving and walking out of the store holding the coffee. I took my chips and water and followed Luke out of the store. We walked over to the boys who were messing around in a clearing.

"I am so so so sorry!" I said to Michael.

"It's fine" He said.

"Why didn't your friend just do it?" He asked.

"I don't know, he's usually not so mean" I said.

"I guess he's just got a stick up his butt"

The boys laughed at my comment and Calum said,

"I'll say" Calum said as we walked back to the bus. When we got back on the bus the driver started driving again. I picked up the sheet and folded it and set it under the table for the next time I'd have to sleep on the couch. I saw Daniel and walked up to him.

"Yeah, um what the hell was that?" I asked crossing my arms.

"What I figured you could do it" Daniel said looking away.

"I was asleep!" I said

"All you had to do was walk out and check for crazy fan girls! You signed up for this so you'd better do your part!" I said.

"I'm a crew member not their servant, I don't even know why we have to ride in this bus" He said

"I think it's pretty cool, and you'd want someone looking out for you if you were them!" I said

"Well I'm not them!" Daniel said.

"I can't talk to you Daniel, you'd better shape up!" I said harshly and walked into the small bathroom on the bus. I looked awful. I put some water under my eyes to get off the mascara that has collected under them. I brushed my hair and put the bandana in it I hoped we were at the hotel soon so I could freshen up more. I walked out of the bathroom. I saw the boys sitting and talking on the couch, Daniel was no where to be seen.

"Whats up I asked sitting down next to Calum and Luke.

"Nothing" Ashton said.

"We were just talking about your asshole friend" Michael said.

"Michael!" Ashton said

"No its fine he is being an asshole" I said

"We saw you go all bitch on him" Calum said.

"Yeah well, sometimes he needs to be brought down a peg, I just don't understand why he's being so frustrating" I said

"Well some people are just assholes" Michael said.

"Can't argue with that" I said. We talked for a bit and soon we were in New York. The bus pulled up to a hotel. It'd been forever since I'd actually been a guest in a hotel. This time there was security that walked the boys to the hotel. There was a huge swarm of fans around them. I elbowed my way through the crowd and to the front desk.

"Hello I'm Miranda Colt, I should have a room reserved" I said kindly to the girl who was about my age running the front desk.

"Oh yes Miranda Colt your room 152 here's your key would you like a pool pass?" She asked.

"Sure" I said taking the brochure with the key and pool pass.

"Thanks, have a nice day" I said walking away.

"You, too" she said as I was walking to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited a few minutes until the door opened. I pressed the first floor and watched as the door closed suddenly I heard,

"Hold the door!" and saw Ashton running after the elevator with a suitcase. I stuck my hand in the closing door and it opened again. Ashton hopped in and I shut the door.

"What floor?" I asked

"First" He said.

"Oh me too" I said feeling the elevator lift up.

"What room number?" He asked

"152, you?" I said

"151" He said.

"Oh cool!" I said, as the door opened. We walked down the hall to our rooms.

"I have to room with Daniel so..." I said dragging my teal suitcase behind me.

"Oh that sucks" Ashton said

"If you ever get annoyed just come over to our room"

"I will" I said as we arrived at our rooms.

"Hey can I ask you something?" I said putting my bags down and fumbling for my key

"Yeah" Ashton said looking at me.

"Do the guys like me....Not like weird...just like as a friend" I said

"Yeah! We actually think you're pretty cool, wish I could say the same for your friend." He said

"I wish I could say the same for him too" I said opening the door and walking in to the room.