Pokemon: Chaotic World

It's a whole new world. A world were Pokemon and their trainers are something to be feared. This is the story of a new trainer who must survive his new life as a Pokemon trainer and leave the life that he has known behind. Watch as he struggles through a Pokemon world unlike any that you know. AU Pokemon World.



9. Chapter 9: Outside The Wall

Muliere and I went to the cafeteria for breakfast. When we entered the room, he announced to the trainers in there that I passed my D-rank exam. Most of the trainers walked up to me to congratulate me and shake my hand. After I grabbed a tray of food, I sat down at a table with some other D-rank trainers. We spoke about my exam as I was eating my meal. Once I was done, I asked them if they knew were Hugo and Ginnette were. Apparently, they both skipped breakfast this morning and went straight to the training grounds.

I left the cafeteria when most of the trainers left for their missions. I decided that it was time for me to sign up for my first mission. I went to the computer room and logged onto a computer. After clicking on the link to the mission office, I scrolled down through the D-rank missions. Most of them were guard duty missions that were requested by the city state. There were only a handful of mission requests from private citizens. I decided to stick to the city state requests for now.

"Lets see," I thought. "There are gate guard missions and guard patrol of the city state missions take place in two or three days. I guess most of the guard positions for tomorrow must have been filled already." The were only two city state mission requests for tomorrow that were still available. One was a mission to guard the western gate. The other was a guard patrol mission in district five. I clicked on the second request to bring up the mission specs.

Mission Rank: D

Reward: $50

Location: District Five Public Park

Summary: Trainer needed for the morning shift to patrol the public park in District Five. Must be ready to deal with any wild Pokemon that may have made it into Asidia. Civilian safety is first priority. Trainer must report to the park's guard station at 8AM. Shift will end at 2PM.

"This looks simple enough," I thought. I clicked on the accept button on the screen. A window popped up and asked me to swipe my trainer card. I pulled out my card and swiped it on the side of the computer. My information appeared in the request page and it asked me for confirm acceptance. After I confirmed, the computer sent the request to the mission office. A minute later, I received confirmation that I was assigned to the mission. "That's that."

I logged off the computer and glanced at the clock. It was still morning. I had eaten all the food from my breakfast this morning and had nothing to give Shade. It was time to go hunting. I left the Center and went to the station. I rode the magnet train to the station nearest to the eastern gate. One I reached the station, I disembarked and walked to the gate. One trainer guarding the gate saw me and moved to intercept me.

"Hold it," he said. He spotted my armbadge just before he reached me. "Oh, sorry," he apologized. "I thought you were a civilian."

"No problem," I said.

"Haven't seen you before. You must be one of the rookies," he said.

"I am," I responded.

"You leaving the city state?" he asked.

"I'm taking my Pokemon hunting," I answered.

"Well, I can't stop you," he said. "Just be careful out there. Keep your Pokemon out and ready for anything. Good hunting," he said.

"Thanks," I responded.

He motioned to one of the other trainers. A second later, the gate began to open and I started moving forward. As soon as I cleared the gate I called out Shade. He appeared in front of me and stood at attention.

"We're going hunting," I told him.

He barked once then turned and starting moving away from the city state with me following. The gate led out to a long dirt road. Along either side of the road I could mainly see only tall grass. There were very few trees scattered here and there. We stuck to the road for a while but did not come across any Pokemon.

"I guess they're all hiding in the grass." I thought. After about 30 more minutes I finally decided we had to enter the grassy field. I was nervous but determined to hunt down some food for Shade.

"Stay close," I told him.

He barked again and starting walking a couple of feet to the left of me while sniffing at the ground. We kept this up for a while without success. Just as I thought about trying to hunt in a different area, I heard quick movement from behind me. Before I could turn around to face it, I felt a sharp pain from my right ankle. I gave a yell and fell to the ground. Shade started barking wildly. I turned to look at my ankle and saw a Rattata bitting down on it. I tried to shake it off but it held on.

"Shade, Bite!" I yelled.

He moved quickly to the other Pokemon and bit down on it. The Rattata finally let go of my ankle. I rolled away and stood quickly while favoring my right side. The Rattata tried to turn to attack Shade but he had a good grip on the rat's midsection. He shook the Pokemon hard for a few seconds before bitting down hard. I heard a loud crack and the Rattata stopped moving. Shade shook it some more to make sure it was dead but it stayed still.

I took a few deep breaths before grimacing and sitting down on the ground. I rolled back the right leg of my pants to examine my wound. The Rattata bit clear through the skin. I was bleeding steadily. As I was examining the wound, Shade walked up to me and set the dead Rattata down in front of me then waited. It took me a second to realize what he wanted.

"No thanks," I told him. "I already ate. Help yourself."

He didn't need to be told twice. Once I gave the go ahead he lied down and began tearing into the corpse. I looked on in disgust for a moment before turning back to my injury. I pulled the medicine case from my backpack and took out a Potion. I sprayed some on my ankle and winced at the sting. Next I tore a strip of cloth from my shirt and tied it around my ankle. Finally, I uncapped the Potion and took a small sip to make sure that I would not get an infection. By the time I was done, Shade had already finished his meal and stood waiting for me.

"Come on," I told him. "We're going home."

He barked and followed me as I headed back to the road. We did not run into any more Pokemon on the way. Once we reached to road we started walking back to the city state. We were moving slower due to my injury. Eventually we made it back to the gate.

"Open the gate!" I yelled as I limped up to it.

One trainer at the top of the wall looked down at me then signaled down to the other side. The gate began to open and I limped forward. The same trainer from before walked up to me.

"Tough time?" he asked.

"I was bitten by a Rattata," I responded.

"Do you need someone to take a look at the bite?"

"No thanks," I said. "I took some Potion and wrapped it up. Most of the pain is gone already."

"Alright then," he said. "You should still get off your feet for a while to speed up the healing process."

"I will," I said. "I'm heading back to the Center now."

The trainer said goodbye and went back to the guard station. I went to the magnet train station and took the next train back to the trainer district. The sun was just starting to set by the time I made it back.

Immediately on entering the Center, I went to the computer room and made a call to my family. My father was the one who answered the call this time. Apparently, my mother was out shopping and took my brother with her. I told him how my week was going so far and that I was promoted to D-rank. Like my mother, he was happy that I was doing alright for myself. However, I could sense a reservation there as I was talking to him. When I asked him when would be a good time for me to visit, I saw him hesitate for a second before he said I could go in two days. We said our goodbyes soon after that and ended the call.

I sat at the computer station for a long moment thinking about the conversation I had with my father. Finally, I gave a sigh and logged off the computer. I got up and left the computer room. I decided to go see Hugo and Ginnette before I went to bed. Once again, I found them sitting at a table in the cafeteria. Ginnette was the first one to spot me as I walked up to them. She noticed my slight limp right away.

"What happened?" she asked. She looked worried.

Hugo looked over to me and noticed the limp as well. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine," I said. I sat down in front of them. "I went out into the wilds to take Shade hunting. A Rattata attacked me. The injury wasn't too bad. I used some of my Potion. It should be healed up by tomorrow. At least I hope it is. I'm supposed to complete my first mission tomorrow."

"We heard that you made D-rank," Ginnette said. "Congratulations."

"How was the exam?" Hugo asked. "Was it hard?"

"Not really," I said. "The first two parts were really easy. The third part was only a little surprising."

"What exactly did you have to do?" Ginnette asked.

I thought about it for a moment. "Muliere didn't say I couldn't talk about my exam with Hugo or Ginnette," I thought. "I guess it wont hurt."

I quickly broke down the three parts of the exam to them. They both paid close attention to everything I said.

"Huh," Hugo said after I finished. "That sounds really easy. Much easier than our Ordeals were."

"Says the guy who still can't control his Zubat," Ginnette teased.

Hugo turned to glare at Ginnette. I turned to him.

"No progress still?" I asked.

"Obviously not," he replied hotly. "I've decided to retake my Ordeal. I'm going to talk to the Gym Leader tomorrow."

We both looked at him in alarm. Ginnette began trying to persuade him to give it some more time. Hugo remained stubborn about his decision. I was trying to think of a solution to the problem while they were arguing. I suddenly I thought of something that might work.

"Listen," I said.

They stopped arguing and turned to me.

"Why don't we all three go to one of the larger training grounds together tomorrow to work on our Pokemon? We can help one another," I said.

"I don't need help," Hugo said immediately.

"You need all the help you can get," said Ginnette. She turned back to me. "That sounds like a good idea. You seem to be handling being a trainer better than we are. I could use some of your help with my Hoppip too."

"Did you follow my advice from yesterday?" I asked her. "Any progress?"

"Yes I did," she answered. "I remained firm when dealing with him and showed no fear. I was finally able to get him to pay attention to me and listen to very basic commands. Thanks for that."

"You're welcome," I told her. I turned back to Hugo. "Well?"

He stared at me silently for a few seconds.

"Fine," he said. "I'll give it one more day. If I don't see any progress tomorrow, I'm going straight to Muliere. Happy?"

"Very," I said.

"When and where do we meet up?" Ginnette asked.

"My mission shift tomorrow ends at 2PM." I said. "Once I'm done I'll head straight to the mission office to collect my pay. Let's meet up here at the Center at 4PM."

"That only gives us like three or four hours of daylight," Ginnette said. "Maybe we should meet the next day early in the morning?"

"No," Hugo said. "I'm not putting this off. I said one more day and I mean it."

"That's fine," I told him. "I have and idea of how to get your Zubat to listen to you. If it doesn't work then you can try to retake your Ordeal."

"Deal," he said.

Ginnette agreed while looking a bit worried.

I stood up. "I'm heading to bed." I said. "I have to get to the park in district five by 9AM. Night."

"Night," Hugo said.

"Goodnight," Ginnette said.

I headed to the barracks to get ready to go to bed. The whole time I thought about my first mission and my idea to help Hugo.

"I hope everything works out tomorrow," I thought.

Join MovellasFind out what all the buzz is about. Join now to start sharing your creativity and passion
Loading ...