Pokemon: Chaotic World

It's a whole new world. A world were Pokemon and their trainers are something to be feared. This is the story of a new trainer who must survive his new life as a Pokemon trainer and leave the life that he has known behind. Watch as he struggles through a Pokemon world unlike any that you know. AU Pokemon World.



7. Chapter 7: Shade

I woke up early the next morning, eager to get started on taming my new Pokemon. After I showered and got dressed I decided to follow the Gym Leaders advice from last night. I went to the Pokemart and had my leftover pokeball registered to my account. After that I went into the computer room.

I sat down at one of the computer stations and logged into my account. I then opened the Pokedex app and placed the Poochyena's pokeball into the device. The pokeball device immediately lit up as it scanned the ball. Once it finished scanning I clicked on the pokeball icon. A picture of a Poochyena appeared on the screen. Some information appeared under the picture.

Species: Poochyena, The Bite Pokemon

Type: Dark

Gender: Male

Age: Two Years

Nature: Hasty

Summary: Poochyena is a quadruped Pokemon that has a gray body with a black face and throat, feet, and belly. Its eyes have yellow sclera and red irises, and its nose is also red. Its lower jaw has two fangs sticking out. The fur at the base of its tail is rumpled and shaggy. Poochyena has gray paw pads on its three-toed paws.

Poochyena has a very keen sense of smell, allowing it to find and chase its prey with ease. It takes a bite at anything that moves, and makes the hair on its tail bristle out to try to intimidate its foes. Known for its tenacious nature, it chases after prey until the victim becomes exhausted. If its prey strikes back, it may turn tail. It is omnivorous and will eat anything. This Pokemon lives in grasslands and forests.

There was some more general information on the species after the basic summary. I paid close attention to the section on the attacks that Poochyena learn naturally in the wilds and the attacks that it could be taught. After reading all the given information I logged off my account and took the pokeball from the device. Before I left the computer room I sent a short message to my parents, informing them that I passed my Ordeal and that I would contact them tonight.

I entered the cafeteria and spotted Hugo eating by himself at a table. Once I received a tray of food from the kitchen, I walked over and sat across from him.

"Morning," I said.

"Morning," he replied. "You ready for today?"

"I am," I said. "I have a good idea of how to go about training my Poochyena. After I eat I'm going to head over to one of the grassland training grounds to get started. You?"

"I'm going to one of the mountain training grounds. I noticed the other day that they all had at least one small cave carved out. I figure if I release the Zubat into a similar environment that I got it from I would have an easier time trying to tame it." he said.

"Good luck with that," I said. We ate our meal in silence for a moment. I finished up my food except for half of my sandwich. I wrapped that part back up and put it in my backpack. "I was wondering, did you use up all your Repel yesterday?" I asked him.

"No," he answered. "I still have about half. Most of the Pokemon I ran into in the caves yesterday were Rock types. Since most don't even have noses, It would have been a total waste to use it against any of them. Why?"

"May I borrow what you have left?" I asked. "I'll pay you back." I said quickly before he could respond. "Once I complete my first mission I'll use some of the money to buy you a new can."

He thought about it for a moment. "Sure. Knock yourself out." He grabbed his backpack and took out the can of Repel. I thanked him for it after he gave it to me. "Well," he said. "I'm done here. I'm going to the training ground. It's time for me to get started. Coming?"

We both stood up and took our trays to the kitchen. Once we were done we left the Center and headed towards the training grounds. After walking in silence for a while I spoke up. "Have you seen Ginnette today?"

"Yes," he said. "A trainer picked her up this morning and took her to retake her Ordeal. I think they are going to take her to the southern gate again."

"I hope she passes this time," I said.

"We'll see," he said. "I still think she doesn't have what it takes to be a trainer."

"Like I said before, she may surprise you."

"We'll see," he repeated.

We walked in silence for a bit more before Hugo split off and headed in a different direction. "Good luck," he said as he walked away. I wished him luck as well and kept walking. I kept examining the training grounds that I passed by until I reached one of the small training grounds meant for single trainer use. It was currently empty. The field consisted of just a small grass field with four wooden practice dummies spread out.

"This looks good," I thought after I examined the field for a moment. I checked my pockets to make sure I had the pokeball and the can of Repel. I pulled the pokeball from my pocket and stared at it. "Here goes nothing." I held out the pokeball and activated the release. The ball opened and released a bright light. The Poochyena materialized a few feet in front of me. He looked dazed for a moment until he shook himself. He quickly examined the area and spotted me.

The Poochyena tensed up and growled at me. Just as he was getting ready to run at me to attack, I recalled him back into the pokeball. "So far so good," I thought. "Lets try that again." I held out the pokeball and released the Poochyena again. He recovered from being released faster this time. A second after he materialized, he jumped at me and tried to Bite me. I managed to recall him just before he reached me. "That was close," I thought. "I need to be more careful."

For the next hour or so I kept repeating this process. I would release the Poochyena then quickly recall him as he tried to attack me. After a while the Pokemon gave up on trying to attack. Instead, he would try to run away as soon as he was released. We kept this up for about another hour. Eventually, the Poochyena stopped trying to escape. After I released him, he just stood there staring at me.

"Time for phase two," I thought. I put the pokeball into my pocket and took out the can of Repel. I kept staring straight into his eyes and began slowly waking towards him. He just stood still and kept staring back at me. I finally reached him and stopped right in front of him. We kept staring into each others eyes for a long moment.

"Phase three," I thought. I slowly moved my free hand and began reaching down to lay my hand on him. He began to growl again and tensed up, looking ready to attack. I quickly brought the hand holding the Repel and sprayed him in the face. He let out a loud yelp and began pawing at his face. I pulled out the pokeball and recalled him. I waited for about ten minutes, giving the pokeball's healing ability a chance to deal with the Repel.

"Third phase," I thought. If this did not work, I would have to try a different method to tame the Poochyena. I released him again. He shook himself once he materialized and then immediately turned to me. Once again we locked eyes and stared at each other. After a couple of minutes I began to walk slowly up to him again. Once I reached him, I began to try to lay my hand on him again. He started to growl again and tensed up. I quickly brought up the can of Repel and pointed it at him. He immediately stopped growling and crouched down.

We continued to stare at each other. I held the Repel in my hand, ready to use. He just stayed crouched down. After several minutes of this, he lied down on the ground and rolled over, presenting me his underbelly. I didn't hesitate in putting the can of Repel back in my pocket and crouching down to rub his belly. He closed his eyes and started to make a purring sound. After a moment I stood up. He quickly followed my example and stood as well.

I looked at him for a minute before I kneeled down and began petting his head. I pulled out the other half of the sandwich from this morning and offered it to him. He quickly snatched it from my hand and began eating it. "I think I'll call you Shade," I said to him.

Shade wagged his tail and barked at me.

Shade and I stayed out in the training ground for the next couple of hours. I watched him as he explored the area. Eventually I called him to me and began working on the next part of the taming process. I began teaching him to follow my commands. He learned quickly, almost too quickly. In a matter of minutes I had him following basic commands such as "sit" and "stay".

"The other trainers were right," I thought. "Pokemon are much smarter than we think."

Once we had all the basic commands down, I decided to try some simple attack commands. "Shade. Look," I said to him. I pointed to one of the wooden practice dummies close to us. Shade looked at the dummy then turned back to me. "Shade," I said, "Tackle." Shade cocked his head at me. I pointed to the dummy again. "Shade, Tackle attack," I said more firmly.

Shade began running at the practice dummy. Just before it reached the dummy, he leapt and gave it a full-bodied Tackle. The dummy shook for a second but remained undamaged. Shade turned to look at me. "Good Shade," I praised. "Good job." He wagged his tail and barked at me. We kept practicing his Tackle attack a few more times. After a while I decided to try some other attacks Shade would most likely already know. By the time the sun started to set, I had trained Shade to the point were he would use Tackle, Sand-Attack, and Bite on command without hesitation. At that point I decided to call it a day.

I pulled out his pokeball and Shade immediately began to tense up. "Stop!" I said. He quickly lied down. "You'll have to get used to being inside this ball. I can't keep you out all the time. I'll be sure to let you out whenever I can. Understand?" I told him firmly. He rolled over and presented me his underbelly again. "Good." I pointed the pokeball at him. "Return." Shade did not put up any struggle as he was recalled into his pokeball.

I gathered up my things and began to head back to the Center. Once I reached it, I entered the computer room and logged onto my account. I placed Shade's pokeball in the device and activated the healing program to help him get back his energy. While the device was working on Shade, I made a call to my family.

My parents were overjoyed to see that I was alright. They were both relieved that I passed my Ordeal without sustaining any injury. They enquired about my Pokemon and I explained all the progress I made today in taming him. They were worried about me having to deal with a Dark type Pokemon but happy that it was going so well. My mother asked me when I would be able to visit. I told her to give me a couple of weeks. I wanted to make D-rank first and take a couple of missions before I made my visit.

I spoke to Bobby for a few minutes as well. He was really excited to see me on the screen. He kept asking me endless questions about my Ordeal and Shade. Finally, I told him that It was getting late and I had to get up early and train some more. I said my goodbyes to my family and promised to keep in touch.

Before I went to bed I decided to see how Hugo had done with his Zubat. I checked the cafeteria and the Lounge but did not see him there. I finally found him in the barracks. He was laying on his bed with a bag of ice on his forehead.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked him.

"Supersonic attack," he replied. "I've never had such a bad headache before."

"I'm guessing you didn't have much luck taming your Zubat today," I said.

"You guess right," he said. "The little bastard did not listen to a word I said. Every time I released him from the pokeball, he would hit me with Supersonic then try to Bite me. I gave up trying once the headache got so bad I could barely see straight. I'll try again tomorrow."

"You may want to rethink your method for taming him," I said. "Talk to one of the middle ranked trainers. I'm sure one of them can give you a good idea you can try."

"Right," he replied sourly. After a moment he asked, "so how was your day?"

"It went much better than I hoped," I answered. "I think I have Shade half trained at this point."

"Shade?" he asked.

"That's what I decided to call him." I said. "Have you given your Zubat a name?"

"Not yet," he replied. "Not sure yet if I'm going to keep him. If today was any indication, I might just scrap him and ask to retake my Ordeal. Maybe I can get my Aron this time."

"Don't be stupid," I said. "We were both lucky to survive our Ordeals. Do you really want to risk your life again when you already have a Pokemon? Just give the Zubat some more time. Today was just the first day trying to tame it. I'm sure you will get through to it if you keep working at it."

"I guess," he said.

I began getting ready for bed. As I was changing into my sleep clothes, a thought occurred to me. "Did you hear about Ginnette?" I asked.

"I did actually," he said. "She passed. Ran back to the city state after a few hours clutching a pokeball in her hands. Muliere already officially promoted her to E-rank."

"What Pokemon did she get?"

"A Hoppip," he said.

"Huh," I grunted as I got into bed. "I bet she was happy."

"I think she was more shocked than anything. She didn't really say much to anyone, just kept staring at her pokeball."

"I hope she has better luck than you did taming it," I told him.

"Thanks," he said sourly. "I'm going to sleep now. I'm going to try again tomorrow to tame the little bastard. Are you going to request to take the D-rank examination tomorrow for your promotion?"

"No," I said. "I want to work with Shade for another day to make sure he is tame. I'll give it two more days before going to the Gym."

"Your choice," he said. "Well. Time to get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day. Night."

"Goodnight," I replied. I quickly feel asleep, eager for morning to come for another day of training.

Join MovellasFind out what all the buzz is about. Join now to start sharing your creativity and passion
Loading ...