And a pattern.
Sewing is more than just a hobby. Learning to sew
means you can create outfits, accessories and looks
knowing that no one else will ever have something
exactly the same. You will always be unique and true
to yourself. Whichever pattern you follow,
make it your own.
What you need:
2 pieces of card, 15 x 10cm
1 piece of fabric, 20 x 26cm
2 pieces of felt, 13 x 20cm
What to do:
1. Lay your fabric out in a landscape orientation with the pattern (the right side) facing down and the back of the
fabric (the wrong side) showing.
2. Place your pieces of card in a portrait orientation, side by side on the wrong side of the fabric, with a 1cm gap between them and a border of fabric around the edges.
3. Glue the card in place, then fold and glue the edges of the fabric neatly over the card.
4. Glue one piece of felt over the card that’s still showing, to give you a neat finish, then fold in half to make the needle book cover.
5. Mark the middle of the felt inside the book, and the middle of your second piece of felt – this will be your spine.
6. Lay the second piece of felt inside the book so the marks match up, then sew in place with a line of running stitch or back stitch using embroidery thread in a complementary colour up the spine, from top to bottom. Now you have the pages of your needle book.
7. Store your needles in the pages by feeding them through the felt and back out again.