I was sitting besides Neville and it was time to get sorted into one of the four houses. I really wanted to go to Ravenclaw. The professors had there own table in the front and but I couldn't recognise anyone except for Hagrid. In the middle of the table sat a old man with a long white beard. He had a wizard-hat on his head. I guess he's Dumbledore the headmaster here at Hogwarts. On his right side he had a woman that looked to be around the same age. Her hair was grey and was thrown into a knot on the back of her head. Because she was sitting on Professor Dumbledore right side I could easily figure out that she was Minerva McGonagall, the deputy headmistress.
Right in front of the teachers table stood a chair. On the chair lay a big old brown hat. I guess it had something to do with the sorting that was soon going to happen.
Professor McGonagall went in front of the table and stood besides the old hat. She had a script roll in her left hand that she then opened while all the students directly got quiet. Sudden she started to read a name from the list.
- Angora, Sabrina! She said with a high tone. The girl who's name must have been Sabrina went and sat down on the chair where the hat had been before. McGonagall put the hat on her head and the hat opened its eyes!! EYES HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE! Then it opened its mouth and yelled!
After a while the professor read my name from the list!
- Granger, Hermione! She yelled! And I went slowly towards the talking hat. My legs where as soft as spaghetti and I wasn't used to have everyone's eyes on me. I sat down on the chair. The hat was now on my head and I was shaking like I don't know what. I don't know if everyone could hear what the hat was saying but I think it was speaking to me in my head! "Your a smart girl Hermione. But your also brave and unselfish. You would fit perfectly I Ravenclaw but you would also fit in Griffindor!" The hat said in my head. I'm not brave. What did the hat mean?
- Griffindor! The hat yelled in my ear and I woke up from my thoughts. The Griffindor table was standing up and cheering loud when I went to sit down. Neville was next and he got sorted to the house he always wanted to....Griffindor. He sat down beside me.
- Molfoy, Draco! McGonagall yelled once again!
I paid attention when he went to get sorted! The hat hadn't even landed on his head before it yelled.
- Slytherin! The hat yelled!
He looked really satisfied while he was walking towards his cheering table. He's sight crossed mine and he winked with one eye then he sat down at his table.
After about 5 minutes McGonagall read a name that made everyone in the hall get quiet. Some of the students even gasped for air.
- Potter, Harry! She said!
I didn't know what was so special about this boy but then it hit me. It was the boy Neville talked about. The baby left with nothing except a scar. So Harry Potter was his name. After a while the hat finally yelled the name of the house.
Everyone at our table jumped up of joy and screamed as if they where crazy. I clapped my hands while I watched him walk towards our table.
- Is this seat empty? He asked me nicely.
- Yeah Sure! I said smiling at him.
- My friend Ron has all of his siblings in this house so I really hope he will be sorted here to. He said while we where watching unknown students get sorted.
- Yeah. I said without knowing what to say.
- Weasley, Ronald. The professor said.
- Thats him. Harry said pointing at the redheaded guy who was now sitting with the sorting hat on his head. It didn't take long before the hat yelled Griffindor and he came running down to sit on Harry's other side. After the sorting I grabbed Neville and introduced us to Harry and Ronald.....who preferred Ron. A guy who clearly was Ron's much older brother came up to us.
- Hey little brother, you didn't end up in Slytherin after all. He said with a teasing voice while he tousled his hair!
- Ha Ha Ha! You don't need to make yourself a proper fool just because you a prefect Percy! Ron said in defence!
- Follow me guys I'm gonna show you your new home. He said starting to walk towards the exit!