Shadowhunters / Nephilim - City of Bones
Shadowhunters, or the Nephilim as they can be known, are a race of beings which Angelic Blood. Appointed as the Warriors of the Earth by the Angel Raziel; and have fought demonic forces valiantly for well over the span of a thousand years, creating their own culture and civilisation within human society.
Despite the ancestry Shadowhunters are mortal, therefore they can age and die, however, the Angelic blood which runs through their veins endows them with special abilities that allow them to achieve feats beyond human possibility through the application of Runes.
Nehpilim, Half Angel, Half Demon.
Shadowhunters don't own "War gear" as such, but more like; Gear.
The gear (shown in the image at the top of the page) is very simple but lightweight for easy carry.
- At least one primary and one long-ranged weapon.
- Leather Armour; well processed leather, worn with trousers and (usually) flat soled shoes. Stronger than normal leather, protects from venom while allowing for free and swift movement.
- Stele (For drawing Runes)
- Witchlight (To help see in the dark.)
- Sensor (To track Demons)
- First Aid kit
- Wooden Stakes (Oak and Ash)
- Assorted Holy symbols
- Basic Magic implements (chalk, iron filings, holy water, small vial of animal blood)
- Binding Wire
All Shadowhunters go through a basic, tough training system, either in the Institute or Shadowhunter Academy.
Basic training includes:
- Sword work
- Long ranged weaponry
- Falling from a great height.
Other Important Notes / Points of Intrest:
If one decides to, then two Shadowhunters can decided to become Parabatai.
Being Parabatai is a huge deal for Shadowhunters, it is very rare for people to have them, but if you do have a Parabatai then it is an oath you will take to the Grave.
The oath involves drawing the Parabatai Rune on your partner and saying the oath, surrounded by fire.
The oath involves laying down your life for your Parabatai, going where they will go.
A Shadowhunter may only choose one Parabatai in their lifetime.
Entreat me not to leave thee,
Or return from following thee-
For whither thou goest, I will go,
And where thou lodgest, I will lodge.
Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
Where thou diest, I will die, and there I will be buried.
The Angel do so to me, and more also,
If aught but death part thee and me.
- If your Parabatai dies, you will not die, but the feeling will feel as if you are dying as the bond is being severed.
They are protectors of the Earth, if you are able to fight alongside one, then do so with great honour.