The first thing I did when I came home, was turning my IMac on, and search for inspiration.
I want it to be perfect, because, you know. It's like Gwen Stefanie, it needs to be wild, classy, and original.
So I looked at some of the dresses that she'd already worn. Just to see what style she feels most confident in.
It wasn't to any help, but I took a lot of notes, and sketched some ideas. And then I thought " I'll just call Gwen, and ask what she had in mind, and if she wants it to be red, like her lips".
I took my phone and called her up.
- "hey it's Gwen"
-" hey Gwen, I'm the designer, that's going to make the dress you want"
- " oh hey, what's up"
- " well I've looked for inspiration, and I got a bit out of it"
- " and,..."
- " I've figured out, that you maybe want the dress to be red, and if it's like a cocktail dress, with some small classy'ish details"
- " yeah that sounds cool, just do you"
- " okay awesome, I just wanted to call, if you liked the idea, and if you would feel confident in it"
- " yeah sure, I totally understand, I'm glad you called"
- " okay great, but then I will work on it, and maybe sketch some more"
- " k, see ya then, bye"
- " bye"
That was just so awesome. I just called Gwen Stefanie and asked about the dress, that I' M going to make.
I found my drawing kit, and started sketching. And I got a lot out of it. After 3 hours I knew what to do. I knew what kind of dress it should be, and how I should sew it.