The first three periods passed quickly and not really eventfully. I met one girl called Allicia. She told me about the student's school rules. Of what I understood, she came three years ago and she had a couple of friends but then the school's 'queen bee', more like queen biatch, made fun of her and then nobody wanted to be friend of her or something. Basically, she was outcasted.
- That's awful! - I said, furrowing my eyebrows sympathetically.
It really was always though. I would surely beat up that chick someday.
Lunch time had just begun and we went in the backyard but not in the cafeteria. We sat under one of the big trees which were everywhere. I leaned back on my hands. The sun was high in the sky. It was warm but not too hot. The grass was so green, my eyes started to hurt. I closed them just enjoying the moment. It was somehow more peaceful out here rather than inside the walls of the school. Not many students came out here to eat or hang out, they were mainly in the cafeteria.
- Actually it's not that bad. - replied Allicia. - That way I have more time for studying and my mom is very happy about it.
- Wasn't she worried you don't have any friends? - Allicia shook her head. - Don't worry. You have one now.
- Of course. Just wait. I'll introduce you to my brother too. I know you'll like him.
- Aren't afraid? - she asked as if hesitating.
I opened my eyes and looked at her.
- Of what?
- That you're gonna get yourself outcasted too.
- Why would I care? I don't know these people. And if that bitch you told me about tries to do something to me, she'll regret it sorrowfully. Plus, I can't get outcasted when I have you as a friend.
- Thanks. - she muttered.
- No need to thank me. Seems like she needs a beating anyways.
We laughed. I was in fact starting to like that girl. Even though she was a little shy, she was nice to be around. And with my bad temper, which I fully aware I had, I definitely needed someone like her.
While we were eating our lunch and talking, someone stood in front of us. I looked up and saw a blonde boy with blue eyes. He was wearing black jeans with cut knees and black top. He was tall, even taller than Ashton. My heart started beating faster for some reason. He was just so cool and... hot. Man, was he hot. He was like... Walking sex. That's the definition.
- Move. - said the boy rudely but calmly and I totally forgot all my thoughts about him.
Allicia was already packing her stuff up and getting off the ground. I stood up and grabbed her hand right before she turned to walk away.
- What if we don't? - I looked back at the boy. Standing right before him, not so far from him, I was barely reaching his shoulders at height. And I mean barely.
Allicia was making me a sign to shut up and go, but I ignored her.
- You don't want to make me angry. - the blonde said. - This is my tree.
- Really? - I dramatically looked around. Despite the big difference in our heights, I was not backing down and I was certainly not afraid. - I don't see your name anywhere.
- You better go somewhere else before I make you regret it.
- I'm not afraid of little blonde boys.
The blonde boy stared at me a couple of seconds then turned around going to another tree. I sat back on the ground and continued eating.
- What the hell was that?! - Allicia mostly screamed. I shrugged. - You know who that was?
- You're going to tell me anyways. - I pointed the obvious out, with my mouth full.
- Luke Hemmings. The school's bad boy. The heartthrob.
- So?! - Allicia sat down hysterically. - There are rumors he is a street fighter. Do you know that if he hadn't backed down, which I don't even know for what reason he did, you would be in an ambulance, right now, on your way to the hospital?!
- If he is willing to hurt a girl physically, that is when they're not having sex of course, than he's not really worthy, is he?
- Well wouldn't you like to have sex with him? - she sighed almost dreamily. - Most of the girls here dream of that. Worst part is, he knows that, and that's one of the reasons he's so cocky. But he ignores them and he never dates. Rumor has it he sleeps with a lot of girls but never dates them.
- He doesn't seem so cool. - not after he spoke to me that rude, I thought. - Besides, why do you believe rumors so much?
- Just be careful, okay. You made him angry and now he can do anything.
- Let's see what he is capable of then! - I laughed.