Ashton gave me a ride to school that morning and was sure to continue for the future as well, since I did not have a car. Or a license. I hadn't seen Luke since this morning when he had disappeared after that little argument of ours. Whatever, not like I cared what he was up to.
I had eight periods that day and most of them were boring. I was not a big fan of studying although I knew I needed it to get into a good college, which was a part of my plans for the future.
Good thing I had PE so that I wouldn't be that bored. PE was my third period so right after art class I literally ran to the women's locker room and started taking off my clothes and putting my sportswear. When the other girls came in I was already dressed and went to talk with the trainer. Thank God I didn't have Mr. Dillon for a coach otherwise I would have been sent to the morgue by now in a ball bag.
- Next! - the coach's voice sounded and I stood next to him.
We were separated in two teams. Each person had to compete with a person from the other team. And guess who I had to run with. Yep, Luke. Which was quite unfair really, considering he was a boy and much taller than me therefore, much faster.
- You will never beat me, Mursur. - said Luke not looking at me.
- Don't be so sure, Hemmings. - I replied, trying not to show any emotions but, god, he was making me furious all the time!
- Go! - shouted the coach and Hemmings and I started running.
500 metres, Ema, only 500. Don't give up! I started repeating to myself when I couldn't feel my legs anymore. The other students were screaming our names and that was just distracting me.
Unfortunately, Luke didn't seem even a bit tired and he was quite some distance ahead of me. That stupid fast ass...
- From now on, don't be so sure in your abilities. - he said while passing me by and continuing running to the final stop. I could already see it.
He won't beat me!, I thought and no matter of my hurting legs, I started running as fast as I could until I was almost next to Luke. He looked back at me suddenly surprised by my near approached, but then regained his composure and dashed forward. At that point I knew I could not beat him. Then it happened. I stared at him a little longer. I let myself notice his gorgeousness right at that moment.
I lost balance and fell on the ground, rolling over a couple of meters on the ground. He laughed and crossedthe final.
- Fuck you! - I shouted, sitting on the ground.
My legs were hurting and there was blood on my knees and a little on my elbows because I fell on them.
The coach came to us and called Luke.
- We have a winner! - he smiled. - Ema, you better go to the nurse. - he added while I was standing up. - Oh, and you have detention because of the swear.
- What?! - I couldn't believe.
- You heard the coach, Ema. - the blonde smiled evilly.
- Hemmings! - I whispered, sure that if coach wasn't there, I would've probably killed Luke till now.
I turned around and went into the school and to the nurse's office, thinking of different ways for killing people.