Texting A Stranger

Just read it to find out please. :)

2. 2

*New Message: Unknown:
Hey....um... I was looking to make friends....can we text?
I look at the message fifteen times before I send a reply.

*Reply*
Um....sure... I'm Alexa.
After a few seconds of sending the text there was a reply.

*New Message: Unknown*
I'm Marcel. How are you Alexa?
I wait before answering trying not to seem like I was interested.
Finally I send a short reply.

*Reply*
Great :D You??
Five seconds later a new message came in.

*New Message: Unknown*
I'm fine! You can call me Marcy  :D.
I look at the text. He seemed sweet so I decided to keep replying.

*Reply*
Call me Lexa. I don't even like my name. Alexa sounds like a stripper name.
I lay my phone down and walk to the kitchen to grab a bite. When I return I see a text.

*New Message: Unknown*
Well Lexa I think the name Alexa is beautiful. :) Don't think I'm a creep for saying that. Please.
I laugh at that message. I had a shit name and surely he had to agree. I mean I could hear it now. Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for our next act ALEXA!!!!

*Reply*
Cute but no. My name is the name of sluts. Like a fucking show girl name honestly....
I HATE IT.

Sooner than later a new message came in. I wasn’t quick to answer it. I knew I shouldn’t text a stranger but this one seemed to be nice….. Seemed to care. This Marcel seemed to be loving and caring. But what if he was an old pervert or was really a she? I decide against it and save him as a contact.

*New Message: Marcey*
Honey it is an amazingly perfect name. No doubt. :D  It’s unique and pretty.

I sigh. He was right I guess. I mean it’s a shitty name but I have to live with it.  I hear mum and dad in the kitchen fighting again. It all started when I was five. They fight over nothing. Its bull shit to be honest. I message Marcel back.

*Reply*
I guess your right Marcey. It’s an ok name.  I have no other choice but to like it. But hey I’ll text you soon I have a shit load of homework.

I pick up my Math book and flip to the page I have work on. Sixty damn problems. My phone buzzes and I pick it up and look to see who it’s from. I smile when I see Marcel’s name. I really like this guy. He’s really sweet.

*New Message: Marcey*
Alright sweetheart. I’ll be waiting by my phone….. Not because I don’t have a life but because I have nothing else to do. Mum is making dinner… so yeah.

I smile and begin my work. I finally finish and start on Spanish. I had a test in two weeks so I had to study hard. Finals for this semester was almost here and I am a senior so I have to study twice as hard. I finish my Spanish and text Marcey back.
*Reply*
Hey Marcel.  I finished most of my homework so we can talk now.
With my phone in my hand I walk into the kitchen to cook me a small meal. I was starving and with mom and dad fighting I knew I wouldn’t get food out of them. As I begin to cook some fish and chips I get a text.

*New Message: Marcey*
Hey love. I missed talking to you. What’s up buttercup?

I giggle like a child and answer him. He was sweet and I liked him. A lot. I really hope he isn’t an old pervert or a she. Here in a second I’m going to ask where he lives and his age.

*Reply*
Cooking. So can I ask some questions? Please.

After a few seconds of sending that I get a reply. I hope he says yes. I hope he doesn’t get offended or anything buy what I have to say. I just want to know he isn’t a pervert and all that. Like it’s rare to get a random text from a stranger and then become friends with them. So I sigh and read his reply.

*New Message: Marcey*
Sure go ahead love. Ask anything and I will answer. I promise to be truthful with everything and anything. 

I smile and think of some questions before I reply. I don’t want to sound stupid or hateful. I finally decide on what to ask him and reply. I hope he doesn’t think I’m being rude. I really like him as a friend and don’t want to lose him.

*Reply*
1) How old are you?
2) Where are you from?
3) School you go to?

I press send and hope for the best. All I need is for him to think I’m a freak. That would really suck balls. But surely enough my phone buzzes and lights up. I hope it was him…. Well who else would it be Alexa? You don’t have friends and your parents don’t care

*New Message: Marcey*
1) 17
2) Yorkshire
3) Bradley
Anything else Miss Alexa?

I freak out. This boy goes to school with me. But he was so sweet. He couldn’t be from Bradley Academy! Was he crazy? I didn’t tell him my last name. Surely he doesn’t know who I am enough to stalk me and find out where I go. But what if he did?

*Reply*
Nah you can ask me questions now Mr. Marcel. Hahaha 
I hit send and wait. What will he ask me? Will I answer? Will he stalk me if I tell the truth? Gosh I’m scared. I don’t want to tell him anything really. What if he wasn’t really named Marcel? What if he was one of those dicks I have class with playing a prank? My phone buzzes and I quickly open it.

*New Message: Marcey*
1) How old are you?
2) Where are you from?
3) School you go to?
4) Last name?
I look at the questions. They aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. They were mine plus one. So I decide to answer them one hundred percent truthful. What could it hurt?