Title : Kagerou Project / Mekakucity Actors
Genre : Action, Supernatural, Tragedy, Comedy
Synopsis: " The story revolves around the Mekakushi Dan, a group of teenagers with unusual eye-related powers. " (** The synopsis is unusually short, due to the overwhelming amount of stuff that is happening throughout the story**).
Review: I love this 'project'. Now I say this for a lot of stuff, but I absolutely adored this. I honestly did not know how you can mix together these many genres, and not make it a load of poop. The animation blew me away. Many people state that 'in anime, there are a lot of scenes where nothing is happening, and it stays for a while like that.' In this case, I think not. Their change of mood and scenes are very well paced, and it is quick, as most enjoy. The music was nice, and it had a lot of meaning in them.
Rating: Despite the fact that I did love this project, I have to give it a 9. I did adore it, and fan girled to it so much, but there were 2 small things that bothered me. 1. The very creepy 'Ayanos theory MV' , and 2. How the anime ended.
1. I really like how shaft made the MV's coincide with the story, in the art form, except Ayanos Theory. (Shivers). Dont mean to be offensive, but it was quite frightening.
2. (Cries) till this day, I am quite confused with the ending. (Dont want to spoil it). So in 'summertime Record, the original MV, Haruka was greeted with everyone. But in the anime, not so much. There has been so many conspiracy theories (mostly mine) and I'm not sure which is true of false. So ... I believe them all.
Watch out for:
- the story of Azami at the end (theres a small part per episode, that relates to the ending)
- Shintaro. (There is a part that gets confusing, but lets just say, red coat Shintaro = good shintaro. Black hoodies Shintaro = bad shintaro.)
- Shintaro's eye (when he meets Konoha)
What you may need:
- you may have to rewatch the episodes for a better understanding
- tissues towards the end (especially Ayanos theory episode)
- a pillow to let out your frustration