- The Sorting Ceremony will begin in a few minutes. You will be sorted in one of the four houses, Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw., Professor McGonagall said, after Hagrid had brought the first-years over the lake.
They entered the Great Hall, and Teddy spotted Michael Goyle at the Slytherin table, talking to Felix's brother and a tall, black-haired boy, who was wearing a Prefect badge.
- Felix, who's that?, he asked his friend.
- That? That's Mike Bulstrode, one of Goyle's friends. My brother invited him and Goyle at our place over the summer. They're so annoying and, not unlike Peter, they love bullying me.
- The Sorting will now begin.Please be silent., they heard McGonagall's voice.
- What house do you want to be in?, Victoire asked the boys.
- I don't know..., Felix answered, I guess Gryffindor. How 'bout you?
- I want to be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Teddy?
But before he could answer he saw McGonagall looking at him, trying to make him be quiet.
- Aster, Jason!, the Professor said.
A small, chubby boy walked slowly to the wooden chair and she placed the Sorting Hat on his head.
- Hufflepuff!, it proclaimed after a short time.
Jason got up, smiling, and ran to the Hufflepuff table.
- Chang, Annabeth!
- Green, Felix!
- This is it., Teddy heard Felix whisper.
He sat down, and McGonagall placed the hat on his head.
- Gryffindor!, it said after a while.
Teddy clapped,along with the others, and Felix sat down at the Gryffindor table.
- Jones, Gloria!
She was a red-haired, tall girl. Teddy noticed that her eyes were quickly changing colors. Is she a methamorphagus?,Ted asked himself.
She seemed nice... Wait! Why am I judging people by their house? Slytherins could be nice,right? I mean, look at Professor Slughorn!
Afterwards, a few more students were sorted, when the Professor finally called his name.
- Lupin, Edward!
He sat down on the chair and the Sorting Hat was placed on his head.
What do we have here?, Teddy heard a voice,What house should we put you in, Teddy? Hmm.....No, not Slytherin....Ravenclaw,perhaps? You have a steady mind, but no.... I think you'll do very well in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. Your father was in Gryffindor wasn't he? And your mother in Hufflepuff... Interesting... I see you have a good friend in Gryffindor... What do you think,Teddy? Gryffindor or Hufflepuff? You are loyal.. Yes, there's plenty of loyalty... But you are brave, too... Just like your parents, Teddy... Hmm.. Better be.... GRYFFINDOR!
Teddy had a bright smile. Just like his father, he was put in Gryffindor. And he was in the same house as Felix.
Sara was tall, slim and had blonde, wavy hair.
- She's beautiful, isn't she?, Ted heard Felix.
- I guess...
Some people were sorted into Hufflepuff and some into Slytherin, when the boys finally heard McGonagall's voice:
She stepped up and, after a short time, the hat proclaimed:
It would've been great if they were all three in the same house, but Teddy knew that Ravenclaw was the right house for her. She waved to him and Felix, and they all started eating, very happy.