1. Before setting her sights on acting, Lawrence aspired to become a doctor.
2. Lawrence was voted "most talkative" in 7th grade. Her nickname was also "Nitro." After seeing her candid interviews, we're not surprised!
3. Lawrence grew up in Louisville, Kentucky before moving to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career. Growing up, her dad owned a construction company and her mom ran a summer camp.
4. She was a high school cheerleader.
5. Lawrence's big break came in the indie hit "Winter's Bone" (2010). Besides learning to fight and chop wood for the role, she also became skilled at skinning squirrels. Yes... really. The film depicts her character butchering a squirrel and it's 100 percent J.Law.