The Nerd & The Jock

Louis Tomlinson smart, shy and bullied by the school's most popular boy, Harry Styles. Louis hides behind nerdy glasses and the latest copies of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. Harry tackles people and torments more than a handful of students. He targets Louis who wouldn't hurt a fly. He bullies the smaller boy everyday until one day Louis is jumped by the football team in the parking lot his best friend Liam tells him to join him next time at the gym. Louis starts to change. When he is thrown into partnership with Harry he begins to stick up for himself Harry sees the stronger attitude and starts to admire it. How do you admit that you admire the courage of the person you've been bullying in all of your high school years? Will he admit it or break Louis' courage forever.

5. 5

Before we start, authors note:

So... I completely forgot if Liam or Sophia knew about Louis' homosexuality.. Let's just act like no one does ;)

Louis' POV

"So it's dead?" I asked as Liam got out from under my car.

"Yep."

"How?! It's only 3 years old."

Liam sighed

"Look, I can give you a ride the next few days... Maybe your mom can get you a new one?" Liam says

"Yeah.. Maybe." I said

"Look, Louis.. Just because your car broke down doesn't mean-"

"Liam.. I just.. I don't want to go to school today." I grumbled

"Ok.. Alright. Want me to tell your mom the bad news?" Liam asked I nodded

"Yeah."

When we walked in I went straight up to my room.

"Louis!" I grumbled I heard footsteps coming up the stairs I groaned pulling the blankets over my head.

"Louis.. Your mom said you can't stay home today." Liam said coming into my room.

"Ugh why not?"

"Because she's having some people over today." Liam said

"That's a shit reason." I said

"It's 7:00 now.. You have 40 minutes to get ready." He said.

In that 40 minutes I showered and put on my button up and dress pants. I tied up my loafers and slipped on my glasses.

I walked out of my closet, Liam was sitting on the foot of my bed.

"Louis.. I know that's kinda your style and everything but.. Maybe you should try something different." Liam said

"Different? What's wrong with my school clothes?"

"Louis.. You're my best mate... I've seen your weekend clothes.. Tshirts and jeans.. That's what you should be wearing.." Liam said

"Should be wearing?"

"You look too elegant." Liam said

"Then what should I wear today Liam?" I asked raising my brows

"Don't give me sass Louis." Liam chuckled

He went into my closet pulling out a white tshirt, black jeans and a maroon, dark blue, black and white flannel shirt. He threw them at me.

"Liam. Slow down here mate." I said standing up

"Louis I'm trying to help you." He said I sighed looking down at the clothing.

"Fine. It's your fault if I look like a slob!" I said and marched into the bathroom. Changing out of my school clothes and into Liam's selection. I looked a myself in the mirror, quickly putting my gel in my hair, holding it back I slipped my glasses back onto my face. I walked out and met Liam's gaze.

"Wash that shit out." He said gesturing to my hair.

"Excuse me?"

"Louis. Listen to me alright. Wash the gel out. Stop dressing like you're going to church."

"Fuck you too." I said Liam raised his brows grabbing my smaller wrist he pulled me into the bathroom.

He started the tap. I grumbled

"You owe me for this." He chuckled I put my head under the tap and washed out my gel.

After getting my hair dried Liam didn't let me style it. My usual fluffy quiff stayed it's messy self. Liam picked up my contact case from the sink. He held them out to me. I rolled my eyes and quickly put them in. Liam threw my worn vans at me. I sighed slipping them on and tying them up. When we walked down the stairs my mom gave me a weird look.

"Trying something new." I said she nodded

"Have a good day boys!"

I got into Liam's car with a huff.

"Don't sulk all day Louis. You look modern."

"My school clothes were modern."

"Yeah for a 40 year old business man." I stuck my middle finger up at him he laughed

"We're picking up Sophia on the way."

"Mmkay."

Liam pulled into a parking spot, as I got out of the car it felt like one of those movies, everyone's eyes were on me. Did I really look that different?

"C'mon." Sophia said tugging on my arm. Liam wrapped his arm around her waist. I walked with them I've never felt more watched in my entire life.

We stopped at my locker so I could get my stuff.

"You're already dragging female attention.." Liam said I shrugged it off.

"Seriously Louis.. You look more.. Well you." Sophia said I nodded

"Hey Soph, me and the girls are heading down to the field. You gunna be there?" A girl with brown hair asked lightly gripping Sophia's arm. Her entourage stopped.

"Yeah, just talking to these dorks. I'll see you there in a few." Her friends eyes directed to me and immediately lit up.

"Well, I haven't seen you before." She said I looked at Liam he smirked

If only people knew I liked boys.

This girl was pretty though, didn't do anything for me even with her prettiness counted.

"I'm Eleanor." She introduced herself

"Louis." I said shaking her hand, a formal handshake? Ok.

"Well, nice meeting you but we gotta go. See you out there Soph."

Within minutes Eleanor was gone, her name didn't linger in my mind much. I had no care for it. I knew exactly who and what she was. The school slut. I'm 97% sure she's slept with every guy at this school, apart from the nerds like me.

I split up with Liam and Sophia so they could get their stuff when the bell rang. On my way to first period I felt eyes on me. They must have thought I was a new student or something. I rolled my eyes at that thought half of these people have been going to school with me since we were like 8. You'd think they'd be able to see it was me.

I walked into the Drama room and sighed as everyone looked at me. I sat in my seat

"Louis?" Greg one of my friends said quietly beside me

"What?" I asked

"Wow.." He said

"What's so wow about it?" I asked

"You.. You look like one of the popular kids." He said I chuckled

"It's not that big of a deal Greg."

"That's what you think." He said

---

I walked into second, relieved Harry wasn't in class, his followers weren't as well. I took my seat and felt a few eyes on me. I put my head down on my desk and sighed.

"Hey, I believe that seat belongs to someone else." Harry's voice made my heart sink.

"Who might that be?" I asked

"A short nerdy kid, got big glasses and weird clothes his hairs all geld. This spot gives me perfect distance to land spitballs.

I rolled my eyes my head still down, my head not facing him.

"That means move." Harry said

"Why should I move if it's my seat?" I asked looking up at him his eyes examined my face and his eyebrows raised.

"Tomlinson?" He asked

"What do you think?" I growled he made circles with his index finger and thumb by touching the tips of them together he places the large circles around my eyes

"I see it now." He said I swatted his hands away

"Hey, don't touch me." He said

"Then don't touch me." I said

"By the way, I expect gas money for the ride home." He said

"It's good to expect things." I said he gave me a hard look before going to sit down.

Harry's POV

I hated to admit it but damn, Louis looked good. No shut up. You don't like guys. You like girls.

I can finally see his eyes without having to look through glass, his hair looks fluffy and his clothes.. Shut up!

---

Louis' POV

Science time came around, I walked into the room now used to people shifting on their chairs and looking at me. News must have traveled of my "transformation". Harry walked in just beating the late bell and plunked down beside me.

"You're going to do that project right?" He asked

"We both are actually." I said

"I don't have time to sit in a room with a dork like you and work on science?" He asked

"You know what Harry? You'll make time. I'm not carrying your ass through this. You can do it yourself if you're going to be like this." I said

"Well, looks like a pair of balls came with your new wardrobe.."

"Go fuck yourself Harry." I said glaring at him he laughed

"How adorable." He chuckled I sighed and kookier down at my binder.

"So did you like go on a shopping spree for these clothes? Trying to fit in are you?"

"Actually. I've had these clothes for a while. I have a whole closet full because these are supposed to be my weekend clothes." I said he snorted

"You're such an ass." I said under my breath.

Our teacher came in and put a note for us to copy on the board. I moved my pencil quickly over the paper. Harry was busy texting most of the time, I noticed his pencil rolling off the table and decided not to stop it. It fell to the ground. Harry sighed and leaned down, his large hand gripped my knee for support my breath hitched in my throat.

"Don't touch me." I said when he straightened himself up.

Harry mocked him in the highest pitched voice he could manage. Louis was insecure about his voice.. It wasn't the deepest, but one good think it could reach great volumes.

I walked out of the side doors of the school, preparing for my walk home since Liam was my ride but had to leave to take his sister to the doctors. Before I could take my first step Harry's annoying voice was calling my name.

I turned on my heel.

"Why don't you come over and work on the project?" Harry asked

"What makes you think I have time for you?" I mocked him

"Funny. Coming?" I saw the storm clouds moving towards is and battled with myself and finally nodded. I walked with Harry and got into the familiar car.

"Don't make me regret this." I said

"Don't give me any ideas."

---

Arriving at Harry's house I was stunned by the size of his house.. The compound alone was huge, the grey brick house was bigger than a castle.

"Done eye fucking my house?" Harry said I silently nodded following him inside.