The Nerd & The Jock

Louis Tomlinson smart, shy and bullied by the school's most popular boy, Harry Styles. Louis hides behind nerdy glasses and the latest copies of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. Harry tackles people and torments more than a handful of students. He targets Louis who wouldn't hurt a fly. He bullies the smaller boy everyday until one day Louis is jumped by the football team in the parking lot his best friend Liam tells him to join him next time at the gym. Louis starts to change. When he is thrown into partnership with Harry he begins to stick up for himself Harry sees the stronger attitude and starts to admire it. How do you admit that you admire the courage of the person you've been bullying in all of your high school years? Will he admit it or break Louis' courage forever.

4. 4

Louis' POV

I sat in my seat in science a week later, my progress at the gym wasn't impressive. Liam said I was getting bigger but I couldn't see it. I kinda have up on the gym thing. Focusing on my work once again.

I set on my stool beside Michael as we joked about my "muscles".

"Maybe they're late bloomers?" He chuckled I shook my head smiling. Harry and Niall bursted out in laughter at the front of the class.

"Enough!" Mr Patrick yelled.

Michael and I started to laugh satisfied with Harry and Niall getting yelled at. The teachers eyes landed on us.

"Styles, switch with Clifford." He said our laughter stopped.

"Um, sir is that necessary?" I asked

"Yes Louis, it is. I've had enough of you kids thinking this class is a joke." Michael lifted his stuff and gave me a sympathetic look before leaving Harry nudged his shoulder roughly passing Michael.

Harry slipped his binders onto my desk and sat down. I noticed the stickers on his binder.

"You like The Fray?" I asked

"Yep." He said I stopped talking

"Oh, and by the way I'm not doing all the work." I said he looked at me and raised his brows chewing his gum.

"Yeah.. You are."

"I already do your work from the other classes. You've got some nerve if you think you're adding science to that list." I said Harry glared at me

"And who do you think you are?" He snapped

"Louis Tomlinson. A human being." I snapped he looked shocked and then started to smirk.

"Cute." He said mockingly and took his blue gum out of his mouth and stuck it onto my forehead. I took it off and threw it onto the floor. Getting up I went over to Mr Patrick's desk.

"Excuse me Mr Patrick? Um I was wondering-"

"Take a seat Louis." He cut me off

"Excuse me?" I said offended

"Take a seat Mr Tomlinson. Get your work done." He said I didn't want to argue with him so I sighed and turned around

"Jerk" I said under my breath walking back over to my seat.

"How'd that go?" Harry asked chuckling

I stayed silent deciding to annoy him. I looked down at the sheet and start to answer the questions. I felt Harry's eyes on my sheet I turned towards him seeing him copying me.

"Um.." I said

He raised his brows challenging me.

"What?" He asked

"Don't copy me." I said

"Haha, you said you weren't going to do my work so.. I'll just copy you." He said

"That's kinda the same thing." I said he rolled his eyes

"Don't make me beat you." He said

"What are you going to do? Order another jumping on me because I didn't let you copy my science sheet?" I said his eyes darkened and his face went harder.

"Listen. That wasn't my doing it must have been Zayn or the team was angry because their quarterback was suspended." Harry said

"Good one. You've been tormenting me for 3 years Harry. I'm just going to believe that's what happened. You're the type to hold grudges." I said

"I don't like your tone Lou-ee how about you change it." He said. Nice.. Make fun of my name then..

"Yes master." I said I turned to my sheet and continued.

I ignored the fact that I still felt Harry's eyes on my paper.

The bell rang and Mr Patrick stopped the class from leaving.

"As you know class your project is coming up.. It's a pairs project.." He says Niall turns around looking at Harry giving him a cheeky wink.

"Before I continue about this next class I want you to look to your desk partner." He said I glanced over at Harry, he looked at me with a sigh.

"This is your partner." Grumbles and groans fell from everyone's mouthes but Michael and Niall high five'd.

"Great." I muttered

"This isn't fantastic new to me either nerd."

"Whatever meat head." I said and hopped off my stool leaving the class with the others.

I skipped music that afternoon driving to the coffee shop down the road.

I ordered a tea and a biscuit. I took out my phone getting lost in Percy Jackson.

3 teas and 2 biscuits later it was time that school ended. I contemplated going home but decided to stay.

I sipped my 4th tea and flipped the page in my book.

I pushed my glasses up and licked my lips focusing on the pages.

I hadn't noticed his entry until he slapped a hand on my back and plopped down in the chair across from me. Harry.

I shut my book folding down the corner.

"Since when does Louis Tomlinson the school nerd skip class?" He asked

"Since when does Harry Styles the schools hottest captain notice what Louis Tomlinson does?" I said opening my book up again.

"You think I'm hot?" He asked

"Don't kid yourself." I said sipping my tea.

"What's up with this confidence thing? Have you started seeing someone?" He questioned

"Nope. I've just grown tired of your constant harassment." I said he snorted

"I'm glad you think this is funny." I said, I glanced up from my book raising my brows at him.

"I don't like this. You used to be so easy." He said

"People change."

"No they don't."

"Are you sure about that?"

I looked up at him he slid the black and yellow football jacket off his shoulders revealing a black tshirt and tattoos.

"Can I have a tea?" He asked a waitress walking by she nodded.

"Planning on staying are you?" I asked

"You think you found this place first?" He asked I rolled my eyes.

Harry texted on his phone while I read his tea arrived he picked up the white cup.

"You gunna finish this?" He asked picking up the half of a biscuit I had set aside.

"Actually I was." I said

"Too bad." He said sticking it in his mouth.

I sighed flipping my page.

"What's that book even about? You've been reading it all year." He said

"Well, 1. It's a series so I've been reading the SERIES all year. And 2. You wouldn't get it." I said

"What's a series?"

"Exactly." I said under my breath.

"I heard that book was about gods." He said

"Greek Gods yes." I said

"What's the difference?" He asked I licked the tip of my finger turning my page.

"I really don't want to have a conversation right now. I'm trying to read." I said

"Do you have any clue how much of a nerd you are?" He asked I just stayed quiet.

He chuckled and sipped his tea.

About 20 minutes later. I was tired of Harry saying nothing but negative comments. I folded the corner down and slipped the book into my backpack and zipped it up ignoring Harry's questioning look. I walked up to the counter returning the cup and paying my owed amount. I walked out, unlocking my black ford I slipped into the seat and tried to start it when it didn't turn over. I was so desperate to get away from Harry and his negativity.

I leaned forwards leaning my head on my steering wheel.

"Car trouble?" I grumbled

"Please go away." I whined

"Look, I could give you a ride.." Harry's voice mocked me

"Haha funny. Why would you want to help me?" I asked looking at him through the open window. He shrugged

"Were science partners now. Partners help each other out." He said this made me laugh

"You're ridiculous.. You're probably going to drive out to the middle of no where and murder me." I said

"Interesting theory. Now c'mon." He said

"I can just call my mom." I said

"K." He said he turned and walked towards the shiny black Mercedes.

I tried to call my mom but the depressing black screen laughed at me. Of course it would be dead.

I put up my window and took my keys out locking my car and walked the 4 strides to Harry's car and knocking on the window.

He unlocked the door. I got in throwing my bag in the back. I put my seatbelt on and avoided his smug look.

"Now where am I going?" He asked

I told him directions and he raised his brows

"Nice houses up that lane." He said I nodded

"They're great." I said sighing.

It was starting to get dark and I wondered if my mom had tried to reach me.

"Can I use your phone?" I asked

"No." He said

"Why not?"

"Would you let me use yours?"

"I just need to call my mom." I said

"Why? Is it past your bed time baby boy?" He asked

"No. I don't have one. I just want her to get my car picked up." I said

"Can't you tell her to do that when you get home?" He asked

"Ugh you're such an ass." I said sitting back in the car leaning against the window.

He chuckled and turned on the radio.

Pulling up to my house I reached for the handle pulling on it. It was locked I looked back at Harry

"Do you mind?" I asked

"How about a thank you first?" He said

"Thank you." I grumbled

"Much better." He said unlocking the door I got out as quick as I could and hurried to the door. Hastily unlocking the door I slammed it after.

"Louis? Is that you?!" Mom yells from the kitchen

"Yeah, sorry I'm late Mom my car wouldn't start." I said heeling off my shoes.

I walked into the kitchen as she was sitting at the table the bills laid out in front of her.

"What's wrong with your car?" She asked I shrugged

"It wouldn't turn over. Will you call a towing company to get it towed here? I'll get Liam to take a look at it." I said she nodded I kissed her head and retreated up the steps.