The Nerd & The Jock

Louis Tomlinson smart, shy and bullied by the school's most popular boy, Harry Styles. Louis hides behind nerdy glasses and the latest copies of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. Harry tackles people and torments more than a handful of students. He targets Louis who wouldn't hurt a fly. He bullies the smaller boy everyday until one day Louis is jumped by the football team in the parking lot his best friend Liam tells him to join him next time at the gym. Louis starts to change. When he is thrown into partnership with Harry he begins to stick up for himself Harry sees the stronger attitude and starts to admire it. How do you admit that you admire the courage of the person you've been bullying in all of your high school years? Will he admit it or break Louis' courage forever.

1. 1

Louis' POV

Rushing to my locker and putting my combination in I opened it and pushed my glasses up from their low position on my nose. I reached for my textbooks mentally complaining to Liam, who was my best friend who put them away for me.. Of course out of reach from my height. I stepped on the bottom part reaching up when I heard chuckles behind me. I turned stepping down then I saw them. Zayn Malik and Harry Styles. Wearing their football jackets.

"What's the matter loser? Can't reach your books?" Harry said between chuckles

"Yes." I said

He snorted and rolled his eyes tuning towards Zayn's locker once more. I attempted this action of climbing up once more when Zayn and Harry's other buddy Niall came up behind me and nudged me. I fell taking my books down with me. I grumbled when I landed on my bum. My glasses had fallen off of my face and I was searching for them. Harry's white black canvas shoes came into view.

"Looking for these?" He asked my glasses had landed on his foot.

"Harry please" I begged but he wasn't having it. He kicked the glasses off his toe and stumped on then crushing them. With laughter Niall kicked my text book over to me and Zayn threw my copy Percy Jackson at me it landed on my stomach causing me to groan.

I clutched my stomach gathering what I COULD see of my belongings.

"Louis? What happened?" I recognized Liam's voice

"Liam?" I asked trying to reached out for him. He took my stuff from my arms.

"Soph get his glasses." Liam said

I felt Liam wipe hair that had been sprawled across my face out of the gel that usually held it back.

"Was it those asshole jocks again?" Liam asked I nodded

"Liam.. They're smashed." Sophia Liam's girlfriend said I looked in her direction she placed a gentle hand on my cheek.

"You poor lad." She said I looked down turning away from her hand.

"Do you have an extra pair Lou?" Liam asked

"The front pocket of my backpack." I said I heard the unzipping of my backpack I remained looking at the blurred figure of Sophia as she fixed my hair for me.

Liam returned and slipped the black glasses onto my face. I blinked a few times letting my eyes adjust. I looked at Liam who had my stuff easily tucked under his muscular arm. I reached out taking them using both of mine to hold it to my chest.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the office?" Liam asked I nodded.

"That'd just be asking for more." I said I shut my locker.

"Louis? Are you sure you're okay?" Liam asks

"I just need to be alone for a bit.. I'll see you first period." I said and worked the loafers on my feet hoping they'd take me somewhere far. Instead I stopped walking and pushed into the bathroom. I went into the corner and sunk down the wall putting my head in my hands and started to cry.

My tears were interrupted when I heard the door open.

It revealed a boy with caramel hair he looked at me sidewards.

"You alright mate?" I looked up he walked over wearing a nirvana shirt.

He kneeled down in front of me.

"I- I just had a bad morning.." I said

"Well.. Get up sitting around isn't making it any better." He offered his hand which was being circled by tons of bracelets on his wrist.

"May I ask your name?" I asked as he helped me to my feet, towering over me.

"I'm Luke, Luke Hemmings." He said offering me his hand once more.

"Louis Tomlinson." I said

"Thanks." I added

"Anytime. What happened if you don't mind me asking?" He asked. I looked into his eyes and shook my head

"It's a bit personal." I said he nodded

"I understand, actually I think you're in my music class" he said

"I am?" I asked

"Yeah." He said I smiled slightly

"This is pretty cool.. I mean I don't really know anyone in that class.. Except H-" I cut myself off not wanting to brig him up.

"Harry Styles? That guy is a complete Ass hat. You hang out with him?" Luke questions I shook my head

"He torments me." I said

"Yeah he does do to my friends Ashton and Calum due to them being smaller and well gentler.. He leaves me and my friend Michael alone because were on the football team." He says

"Do you mind if I sit with you during that class? It's alright to say no.." I said looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"If there's room yeah." Luke said

"Oh thank you!" I said smiling he laughed

"No problem mate." He said the bell rang

"Well, I still have to take that wee I came in for.. See ya around mate." Luke said I nodded and rushed out of the bathroom and collided into the side of someone. I fell back once more grumbling I looked up thankful my glasses stayed on. I saw Liam looking down at me.

"There you are!" He said he picked up my stuff pulling me up.

"Are you alright? Looks like you've been crying." He said

"I think I just made a friend." I said looking up at him he smiled and put his arm around my shoulders.

"That's great Lou.. Now. Let's head to class."

At the end of first period which was Drama. I walked into the Math room and grumbled seeing Harry in his seat. First period was the only class I got away from him. He was in my Math, Science, and Music. He smirked at me. I rushed to my seat at the back corner and slumped in my seat.

I put my stuff down and started to doodle.

"Your Louis right?" I looked up into the kind eyes of a squirrel resembling boy. He had big dimples as he smiled at me.

"Um.. Yeah." I said

"Hey. I'm Ashton." He said sticking his hand out to me. I took it

"Luke's friend right? I'm Louis." I said shaking his hand

"Yeah I'm Luke's friend you seem to match his description." he said I nodded he took the seat beside that was never taken.

"Oh look! The two nerds made new friends!" Harry said the whole class turned to me and Ashton I felt my face going red.

"Do nerds and losers have like some force field bringing them together?" Harry joked the class laughed

"It's more like magnets." Ashton said mocking Harry. Harry shot up his seat slamming against the desk behind it I flinched

"Styles." Mr Henderson said walking in Harry say down sending Ashton a cold look.

"You shouldn't have done that." I said quietly

"Why not? He's a jerk."

"He's going to kill you now." I said

"It's alright I've got a friend in his inner circle." Ashton said

"Who? Zayn?" I guessed

"No, Niall. He sits beside me in first and we joke around." Ashton says

"You think he'll help you if Harry starts to beat you?" I asked

"Kinda." Ashton said

"I don't mean to burst your bubble but he won't. He worships Harry." I said Ashton nodded

"I guess I'm screwed then." He said

"I've got a friend. He's big and muscular. He protects me from people like Harry. I'll introduce you to him." I said

"Really?" He asked I nodded

"Yeah. You said it yourself Harry's a jerk." I said Ashton nodded

I looked down at my book and started to read. I already knew all of what my teacher was teaching.

I heard a throat being cleared and looked to Ashton to see if it was him but he looked to the front of my desk fear in his eyes I looked up and saw the football jacket then Harry's face he raised his brow. I closed my book slowly.

"I need you to do this." Harry said handing me his booklet of Math.

"And I have a booklet for English and I want you to do that as well." Harry said I didn't say anything I just stared up at him.

"Are you even listening to me?" He snapped

"Uh yes" I said nervously

"Well?" He said

"Um sure.. Just give your English to um Liam at practice and he'll drop it off at my house." I said

"Um that's too much work. You come get it at my locker after school." He said I nodded.

"Here." He said handing me the math I nervously kept looking up at him.

"What are you staring at?" He snapped again I flinched he chuckled

"Pathetic." He said he snatched my copy of Percy Jackson.

"Harry" I said reaching for it he reached for the ceiling with it. I looked over at the teachers desk and of course he wasn't there.

I tried reaching a few more time but then sat once more.

"Fine, Keep it. I don't care anymore." I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"Aha. You do have tude." He said I looked up at him I felt tears coming he was such a horrible person.

"Have your stupid book back." He said tossing it onto my desk. He looked at Ashton and leaped forwards causing Ashton to flinch Harry chuckled and walked back to his desk. I looked down at his math booklet and got started on it.

"What are you doing?" Ashton asked

"You see how's he's picking on me right now right?" I asked Ashton nods.

"I haven't done one thing to him and he's hat horrible imagine if I didn't do what he said." I said pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"Man.. You got it bad."

"Tell me about it." I said

Music class rolled around. Liam and Ashton walked in with me. I saw Luke and waved he waved me over to their group. I looked at Liam.

"Wow.. There's four of them." He said I nodded

"Go on, join them." Liam said we split up him taking his seat next to Sophia at the back. I went and sat between Luke and a boy with big cheeks.

"Hey, I'm Michael." He said I smiled taking his hand and shaking it.

"And back there, that's Calum." Michael says gesturing to a boy with black hair. He waved to me

"Hi I'm Louis." I said he nodded

Harry walked in with his crew with him.

Niall looked over at Ashton and gave him a light wave. I looked back at Ashton who returned it.

Harry took his seat in the middle row. Zayn and Niall sitting at his sides.

I pulled out Harry's math desperately trying to get it finished just in case he needed it after school.

"What're you doing?" Luke asked

"Harry's math." Ashton answered

"Why?" Luke asked

"Hey dork. I'm gunna need that math by tomorrow morning." Harry said coming out of nowhere.

"Uh ok.. I actually might have it done by the end of the class." I said

"I don't care. As long as it's done." He said I nodded

"So you're with the hipsters now?" He asked me looking over my new friends. I nodded he chuckled and walked away.

"Dickhead." Luke said under his breath.

I scribbled down my last answer and stood up. I walked over to Harry's desk and handed him the booklet he read it over.

I turned and started to walk not expecting a thanks which I didn't get. I did see Zayn's foot in front of me but too late. I fell over his foot hitting the ground. Liam was up and helping me up seconds later.

"What the hell?" He snapped at Zayn

"He should have watched where he was going." Zayn said

"For once in your life own up to being an ass." Liam shot back. Zayn smirked.

"Oh.. The Payno is snappy." Harry said

"You too Styles. What's up with getting Louis to do your work? Too stupid to do it on your own?" Liam asked getting me to my feet.

The class oooo'd.

"What's up with him using you as security? Hasn't he heard of the gym?" Harry asked getting the class back on his side.

"I felt the need to protect him from heartless assholes who think it's funny to hurt someone who's shorter and weaker than them." Liam said

"What's the matter? Scared to fight someone your own size?" Liam asked the class was on team Liam once more.

"Oh yeah Payno? After school. The parking lot." Harry said

"Woah.. Relax. I'm not going to steep to your low level." Liam said Harry growled. He couldn't say anything Liam won this one.

"Oh yeah Liam.. I never asked.. How's your mom?" Liam stopped tensing up.

Liam's Mom was recently put into a coma after getting hit walking out of one of Liam's football games. Liam turned around. Harry stood up. Liam got in Harry's face I tried pulling Liam back but he wasn't moving.

"You listen and you listen good Styles. You can pick at me take shots at me but don't you dare EVER bring my mother into anything. Where's your humanity?" Liam said Harry smirked

"That's the bad part Payno.. I don't have any humanity." Harry said before I could stop him Liam threw a lunch it landed in Harry's cheek. Luke pulled me back just before Harry tackled Liam to the floor. Our teacher returned yelling. Liam and Harry throwing punched Zayn grabbed Harry pulling him off. Our teacher calling the office as Niall held Liam back. When the principal and a security guard walked in they escorted Harry and Liam out of the room.

"Holy shit." Luke said.

"Here goes your protection." Zayn said giving me cold brown eyes. I swallowed hard.