Insanes Haven

Bradie has a hard time dealing with her who has passed and her father who has been in the army for a while. As she cuts herself Cody, her childhood, best friend immediately suspects something. Cody tries his best to make Bradie feel wanted and not alone. Cody tries so hard to make her happy and as he was trying to make her smile, romance started to appear. But will this new couple drift away over college?

9. Awkward Situation

Chapter 8- awkward situation

I was shocked and confused.

"I will leave you two alone.." My dad and Sophie says.

"Um." I say

"How can we be..?"  Brent says

"I don't know I just need to be alone.." I   say

"Wait why are you sad? It's not like we are dating." He spoke in a tense voice

"No it's not that.." I say

"Then what's wrong?" He says concerned

"I am just disappointed that my dad will got married without me being there." I say

"Oh." He says

"I just didn't see my dad in a while and after my mom died, I just wanted to see him happy again." I say

"Oh I am sorry for your loss." Brent says

"Uh it's fine." I say

"What about you? Did your mom tell you?" I question

"Yah she told me over skype actually  but it would've been better being told in person.

"And your dad.." I ask

"Oh um he had an affair with somebody while my mom was in Iraq for a while, yeah um he was suffering an ambiguous loss, over my mom, so he got drunk and hooked up with my moms best friend." He says

"And the best friend.." I say

"She um, was drunk too, until she woke up in my dad's bed with my dad. She felt horrible, she called up my mom told my mom everything and since she is my moms bestest friend ever, she committed suicide because she felt that was her fault." He says tearing up

"You seem sad.." I said

"Her daughter was the love of my life and my moms best friend was like my second mom, she took care of me when my mom was at the base." He said

"What's the name of your moms best friends daughter?" I said

"Brianna, she ran away after her mom killed herself, she then got in an accident while running away and she died." He says crying.

“Oh I am sorry, I didn’t mean to ask all those questions, I just wanted to know more about you.” I said guilty.

“No,no its fine really.” he says wiping tears

“You sure?” I said

“yeah um I got to go to my mom see you later.” Brent says

“Yeah, bye” I said

There was something about Brent that made me feel close to him. We go through the same thing kind of. I think I kind of liked him.