My Concert Experience and Other One Direction Writing Pieces

Just writing some blurbs of my concert experience here as well as other things I write about One Direction!


1. Chapter 1: My Concert Experience- Autobiographic Incident Paper for Honors LA 9

Chapter 1: My Concert Experience- Autobiographic Incident Paper for Honors LA 9



The Best Night of My Life




Going to the One Direction concert was a surprise. Of course, I should not have doubted myself, but finding concert tickets the day of the concert was going to be stressful. In fact, my mom was positive that I wouldn't be able to find any, let alone obtain them before the concert started. Due to my determination, though, July 12th, 2013, turned out to be one of the best and most memorable nights of my life.




I still remember that night like it was just yesterday. The whole day I had been looking for tickets on websites like StubHub! and eBay, but everything was just too expensive. I was determined to not pay $500 for some of the worst seats in the Palace of Auburn Hills. My dad suggested looking at Craigslist when I told him about these prices. I had never used Craigslist, so I doubted I would find anything. My dad insisted it was good, though, because my uncle had made some purchases and sales on it that went well. I decided to try using Craigslist to find some tickets. I searched for nearly four hours. I finally found an offer for tickets that I could afford and that were pretty good seats. I sent an email to the seller and impatiently waited for a reply. To my chagrin, the seller never replied. Around midnight, I checked to see what had happened. The tickets had been sold to someone else. As embarrassing as it may seem, I did shed a few tears. I refused to believe One Direction was going to be less than 10 minutes away from where I live, yet I would not be able to see them. I was awake until 2 a.m. desperately looking for tickets. By that point, I did not care if the only thing I saw on stage were little dots; I just wanted to go and be in the same room as the band. When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I did was look for tickets. At 10 a.m., I finally found some. The seller was selling one ticket for the price of $200 -- a full $100 over the face value price. I contacted the seller immediately and awaited her reply. Luckily, she answered quickly and I was able to negotiate the ticket price down to $120. Everything seemed perfect until I realized that I did not know how to get the tickets. The seller lived near Lakeside Mall and her child had a photography studio appointment, which meant that her time was limited. I called my dad and begged for him to go pick up the tickets. Fortunately, I was able to convince him to meet her at the photography studio, exchange the money, and transfer the tickets electronically to my TicketMaster account. My only remaining problem was I had no way of getting to the concert. My best friend, Veronica, and her sister and her cousins were going to the concert as well. Complicating the problem, they wanted to leave by 4 p.m. and I was not expecting to get my tickets until 5 p.m. After much begging, I was able to get them to take me. Nearing close to 5:00, my dad called and said that they would be a little late. I stalled as much as I could with my friend, reassuring her that my tickets would be here soon. When they did transfer to my account, I frantically printed them out and ran to the car. Shaking with excitement, I fumbled with my seatbelt.




The drive to the Palace was the longest drive of my life. Since we left around 5:00, it was rush hour. My mom had contacted me before we left and told me that there were a few accidents on I-75 on the way to the venue. I informed Veronica's sister and we decided to take mostly local roads. The local road we took, though, led us to one of the back gates of the parking lot, not the entrance. In a quick decision, Veronica, her cousin, and I decided to sprint across the parking lot to try to make it in time to enter a contest for better seats. I'm pretty sure that sprint would have qualified me for the Adams track team. When we got to the Channel 955 (a local radio station at 95.5MHz FM) booth, we quickly entered the contest because there were only 10 minutes before the contest entries were closed. Unfortunately, none of us got the prize.




When we entered the Palace lobby, it was packed. People were everywhere. People were even fighting over the outlets to charge their phones and cameras. Being a bit a claustrophobic, we decided to stay on the outer rim of the crowd. When they finally started letting people past the security check to the arena, it was pure chaos. Everyone was pushing towards the front, trying to get in first. Most people didn't realize there was a security guard on the far left of the crowd, so we got in pretty early. Once we got in, we separated to go find our seats as our tickets were not all together. Section 120, Row C, Seat 16-- my exact seat. I still have the ticket to prove it. I was shaking when I got there; I couldn't believe I was actually there. I silently thanked myself for picking really good seats. I was only a few hundred feet away from the extension stage where One Direction would be for Twitter questions and three songs. My view was perfect; I was facing straight towards the stage. When I settled down, I ended up meeting a few girls sitting nearby. They actually reassured me a lot about high school and what it's really like. I still remember texting my friend before the concert started. I was shaking so badly that I could barely type. Then, the opening act came out.




I knew little about the opening act, 5 Seconds of Summer, but I heard their music had a pop/rock feel to it. I ended up becoming a huge fan after they performed. They were amazing! After the opening act, I had 30 minutes to kill. I ended up staying in my seat, overwhelmed that I was actually there. A year of thinking I would never see them in person and then finding a last minute ticket can do that to people. When the lights went out and the countdown started, everyone screamed. When Liam burst out on stage out of the ground, my heart stopped. I was actually seeing them. They were real. These were the boys that I had looked up to for a year. As weird as it sounds, I am proud that I made it most of the way through the concert without breaking down. Once they reached my favorite song, though, I could not help it. Luckily, I was not the only one. At least 20 other girls were crying too.




When the concert ended, I was in shock. I felt numb all over and my ears were ringing. I met back up with Veronica and we bought One Direction merchandise together, including a t-shirt and a poster. We met back at the car and waited at least an hour to get out of the parking lot. The best part of the parking lot delay was most people had their radios on and their windows open. Hundreds of car stereos were playing the same One Direction song -- the perfect ending to the night. I got home at around 1 a.m. I was exhausted, so I went to bed right away. The next morning, I panicked. How could such a perfect night possibly be real? I sighed in relief and joy when I found concert pictures in the camera roll of my iPad. Not pictures I had found on the internet, but those I had taken myself.




The One Direction concert has to be one of the most amazing, emotional, and stressful days of my life. But it was, no doubt, worth it. I got to see my idols performing live. I also met some great people who reassured me that I was going to be okay in high school. Most importantly, though, I learned, if I strive for something, I can achieve it.








Author's Note:




Hey guys:)




I'm just posting something a little special for y'all!




I wrote this for my autobiographical incident paper for my Honors Language Arts class so it's a little formal, but I hope you like it.




By the way, this is how I write formally in case you wanted to know!




Also, this is highly edited. Please don't expect this of my other stories. Editing to this height actually takes me a few hours to do. Mostly because I have to be up to date on my MLA 7 editing format. To do this, I have to research and talk with my language arts teacher for a long time haha.




Anyways, I'm going to be posting a few more things like this in this book! So enjoy!




I'll update this when I have time, or when I have intense flashbacks to my concert aha.



Link is my new blog!



Follow my Twitter? @ninajanies


The main source for everything about me!



Read my blog?


My blogging here! Beauty reviews mostly!




Follow my one direction account on Instagram @6768onedirection70


Updates here and tons of one direction pictures!




Follow my personal account on Instagram @ninajanies


No updates here! Just things going on in my life!




Follow my Tumblr?


Possible updates here? Random photos and one direction!




Follow my Vine? @njchoco


Random short videos of my everyday life!




Follow my Pinterest?


Just things I like!




Friend me or something on Facebook?


I don't really use this, it's mostly for school.




Follow me on Polyvore?






Subscribe to my YouTube channel?


There's a concert video up right now!




Ask me a question?


I'll answer pretty much anything!




Keep on being awesome!





Nina :) xx

Join MovellasFind out what all the buzz is about. Join now to start sharing your creativity and passion
Loading ...