Speak now.

Caterina May lost contact with her friends and one true love for 7 years, what happens when she get's transferred to their college and see's them for the first time, only to then find out Luke (her one true love) is getting married in less than a month. will that be long enough so she can stop the wedding and so he will fall for her again? read along as you witness heart break, love, new friendships, old ones reunited, new loves and old flames.

16. A Dress and A Wedding

The next morning when I woke up I was so happy and I still had a smile on my face but I decided to try and hide it for breakfast. I walked out of my room and the girls were rambling on about a dress and color and stuff.

“What are we talking about?” I asked

“Nothing,” Scarlett tried to get out of the conversation

“Guys,” I said angrily

“We are talking about what we are going to wear to the wedding,” Val said looking guilty

“That’s fine, Luke and I had a good chat last night and I am fine to come to the wedding next weekend,” I said as I grabbed a piece of toast

“The wedding isn’t next weekend its this weekend meaning like two days away,” Scarlett said

“What Luke said it wasn’t until next weekend,” I demanded

“Well we all got texts from Nina saying she made a mistake on the invites,” she said

“Oh well we need to go dress shopping tomorrow then,” I said trying to fight back tears but I went to my room got dressed and grabbed my bag for school and walked straight out of my room and out the dorm room door and went to class, the whole first lesson I just sat there thinking about what happened last night and the kiss, didn’t it mean anything to him. I just kept pondering on the thought when the bell rang and I got out of class. My phone started going off in my pocket so I grabbed it out and answered it without even looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” I said

“Cat, don’t hang up I really need to explain,” Luke’s voice rang through my head

“Explain what that we kiss you say you don’t think you love Nina and then you move the wedding up. There is nothing to explain,” I reply in a snarky voice

“Well there is, when we kissed last night someone took a photo and put it online and Nina saw the picture when we were still walking so she texted everyone to move the wedding up without me even knowing,” he said in a sincere tone

“I believe you but why don’t you just cancel the wedding?” I asked

“Because I think I might still love her but I know that the kiss meant something and I am just so confused,” he said

“Ok well I have to go,” I say as I hang up the phone. I decided to just focus in my next class as it was writing and it always helped me get things off my chest. I had a great time in writing class today I wrote my whole assignment in class so I didn’t have any homework. So I decided I would go shopping because I needed some new clothes, I got back to the room and got changed and then called a cab to take me to the mall. I was at the mall for at least three hours before I was finished going to all the shops. I had found some really nice clothes and one very beautiful pink dress, which I have decided I will wear to Luke and Nina’s wedding. Even though I really didn’t want to go. I went back to the dorm and surprisingly the girls weren’t there so I just decided I would order some Chinese and eat in. I decided to turn the TV on and watch some of my favorite show Hart of Dixie. I was had just sat down and pressed play when the doorbell rang. I got up to answer it expecting it to be Chinese and I see Nina standing there.

“Who do you think you are?” she asked me

“I...Uh….” I tried to reply but nothing would come out

“I don’t want to hear it, you can’t make out with my fiancé and expect me not to notice,” she yelled as she pushed past me and into my dorm room

“He doesn’t even love you anymore you can’t expect by pushing the wedding up he is not going to leave you,” I replied

“Well we are still getting married and there is nothing you can do about it,” she replied angrily

“Whatever you cannot stop me from seeing him or coming to the wedding because he is my best friend,” I reply

“Well actually I can because you are uninvited to my wedding,” she said

“You can’t do that it is Luke’s wedding to,” I replied angrily

“Well actually I can,” she said and she stormed out, just as the Chinese food man came with my dinner. I paid for it and went and threw myself on the couch and finished watching my show and then I went to bed I was so cranky.

The next morning I woke up to Molly sitting above me eating cereal.

“Babe your mascara is running,” she said as she wiped my face.

“I know Nina decided to pay me a visit last night an uninvited me to the wedding,” I replied wiping the rest of the run mascara off of my face

“You are still going though aren’t you?” she asked

“I don’t know,” I reply

“Well you should, oh and Riley and I are kind of dating,” she tried to say subtly

“What, that is awesome.” I reply as I give her a big hug

“Yeah well we need to get ready for school,” she said as she got off my bed and walked out of my room. I got changed and ready for school. I decided to skip breakfast and just get some food later. I was walking down the walkway towards my next class when I accidentally ran into someone. They fell on top of me their face just inches from mine.

“Luke, what are you doing here?” I asked as I dusted myself off

“I came to see you,” he replied giving me a small smile

“Oh well I am late for class,” I reply sharply

“What’s up?” he asked

“You’re bitch of a fiancé decided to pay me a visit last night and uninvited me to your wedding, again.” I say

“What, she can’t do that,” he said back to me

“Well she did,” I reply

“Well you are rereinvited,” he said as he smiled

“Thanks I have to go now but I will see you tomorrow,” I say as I gave him a hug and walked to class. In class I decided if Luke couldn’t make up his mind I would make it up for him. The class went for what seemed like forever. But I was excited for the class to be over because I only had a half-day. When the class was over I went back to the dorm and all the girls were there and I walked in and sat on the lounge beside Scarlett.

“Hey babe why do you look so happy?” she asked

“Because I have decided I am going to crash the wedding,” I reply

“OMG we are so helping you,” Valerie replied

“Well we have a lot of planning to do,” I say with a smile on my face. The rest of the night went on and we had figured out the perfect plan. I went to bed that night with determination on my mind.

The next morning I woke up and I was so excited for today. The girls and I started the day with lots of coffee, because today was going to be long. We were all dressed and ready to go by about 11 and we all piled in the car and drove to where the ceremony was to be held it was a small white church which was not what I was expecting as it was Nina’s wedding to but I am guessing Luke had some say in it.by about 12 everyone was piled in the church and had taken their seats all except the girls and I. I saw Luke standing at the front of the church and I walked up to where he was standing.

“Hey Luke,” I say and he slowly turns around so that he is facing me

“Hey Cat, you look amazing.” He said

“Thanks, you look awesome,” I reply

“Please don’t get married,” I say really quietly

“What I couldn’t hear you the band are practicing what did you say?” he asks me

“Nothing,” I reply as I walk away and towards the boys and the girls at the front row. The music starts playing and we see Nina in her big ugly dress she looked like she was wearing a pastry. She walks up to the alter and the way she walked was like a pageant queen and it was not elegant at all. By the time she reached the alter her hair was falling out. The ceremony started and the priest started talking.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honorable estate, instituted of God, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and his Church: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of Saint Paul to be honorable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God. Into this holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, speak now or forever hold your peace,” the priest said. Everyone was quiet but this was my last chance and for some reason I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t ruin Luke’s happiness, if he wanted to marry her he should. Even though he was looking at me as if he wanted me to say something, I just looked away.

“Well then, if no one objects let us continue this wedding. Do you Nina Jane Rochet take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?” he asked

“I do,” she said

“And do you Lukas James Jacobs take this women to be your lawful wedded wife?” he asked Luke

“I… Don’t,” he said

“What, babe, Luke we can work this out what is it?” she asked

“I don’t love you,” he replied “I love Cat,” I couldn’t believe my ears but it was like my body was moving by itself I ran up to Luke who was walking towards me and I jumped into his arms and he kissed me. More passionately than before. He put me down and he looked into my eyes

“I love you to,” I say as I kiss him again

“No, we are supposed to get married. You cannot do this,” Nina said but Luke and I didn’t care we walked out of the church to the claps to our friends. We got into the car and we drove to the nearest Nando’s and we ate dinner and pretended that the last 24 hours never happened.