The magical exchange

This is for the one week at Hogwarts competition.

The whole class took in a breath as one. Had we heard right?
"Yes, that's right we will be participating in an exchange with Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizadry"

I turned to my best friend and in unison we screamed We were going to hogwarts!!!!

will have all canon couples i prefer it that way. Set in the year after the war as if the trio all went back to school and are in ginny's year.

3. Gryffindor

I put out a shaking hand and replied

“Asha Dearman, Happy to be here” I replied shaking his hand

“This is…” He began but I interrupted him

“The lovely lady to your left is Miss Ginerva Weasley, she prefers Ginny. The lady opposite you is Miss Hermione Granger the brightest witch in Hogwarts and The man next to her is Mr Ronald Weasley, your best friend and a master strategist” I said causing their mouths to drop open much like mine had earlier

“NO FAIR” Lucy moaned, “You ruin all my fun!” She said

I rolled my eyes at her melodrama and turned back to the 4, “you’re famous in the muggle world; I mean 7 books and 8 films famous. However us two are the only ones in our group that have read the book so you’ll be fine” I explained

“Uggh” harry said and lowered his head to the table “as if I weren’t famous enough already”

Ginny patted his back consolingly and said “well at least most muggles don’t know you actually exist”

“That’s true” I said “Though there are quite a few fans who do believe in you” I added causing him to groan again.

By this entire time everyone had been sorted and Professor McGonagall had stood up at the front of the hall

“Welcome to our guests I am headmistress McGonagall. Our guests will be going to classes with their houses but will be staying in separate dormitories to prevent any problems.” She looked to the group of 5 students who’d been sorted into slytherin and were being isolated by some of the older students.

“Our guests will go to their house common rooms until 7 tonight when someone will collect you and take you to your dormitories. They may spend time in any houses common room from the end of the school day until 7pm and after that they may be in the library their common room or the halls until curfew. Students are not allowed in the guest’s common room. Dismissed” McGonagall said.

As one the school rose and began to form lines out of the hall. I followed the 4 as we walked up the staircases and came to a stop in front of a portrait

“The fat lady” Lucy yelled before I could and I childishly stuck my tongue out at her. She smiled cheekily at me before we turned back to the portrait that was now open

“This terms password is exchange, remember it” Hermione said and we just nodded as we stepped into the place that we had dreamt about forever.

“Oh” I said

“My” Lucy continued

“Godric”

“Salazar”

“Rowena”

“And Helga too” Lucy finished

“This is SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT!” We yelled together

“Don’t mind them” Harry said to some first years that were looking at us scared “They’re just a bit excited”

I sat down on a couch in front of the fire with Lucy next to me “This is unbelievable” I whispered

“I can’t believe I’m here” Lucy breathed.

“Well you are” Hermione said “Now tell us about your school, I always wondered what secondary school would be like in the muggle world”

I exchanged a glance with Lucy and then looked around the room. We were the only ones from our school to be sorted into Gryffindor except for one other boy who had gone with his friends to the hufflepuffs common room so it was left to us to explain.

“Well we go to a special school, you have to be really clever to get in” I began

“So Hermione would have got in” Ron interrupted causing some laughs

“Probably yes,” I said “We are in our last year of school as in the muggle world you aren’t an adult until 18. Our schooling starts from year 1 when we are 5 until year 13; our age, but you can leave school in year 11 when you’re 16 as long as you work.

“So first year for us would be…” began one of the fifth years

“Year 7 for us” Lucy explained. “ we take exams in year 11, 5th year called GCSE’s they’re like your OWLS at the end of year 9 or 3rd year we pick up to 6 subjects as options and then we take core subjects as well as extension core subjects”

At the confused looks I took over Lucy’s explanation “We study 3 core subjects; Maths, English and Science up until year 11 then we can choose if we wish to carry on those subjects. Science is all about how things work; medicine, the universe, plants, elements. Its split into physics; the study of forces, biology; the study of life and chemistry; the study of what things are made of. English we read books for English literature and have to learn about writing and stuff like that for English language. Maths is simply adding things; like arithmancy”

Many of the pure-bloods in the room looked confused but it seemed most of the half bloods got it and all the muggleborns understood.

“So what did you take for GCSE?” Hermione asked

“Well we were fairly different to most” Lucy said “Most take an average of 11 subjects. We took 2 English’s and creative writing, maths and extra maths, triple sciences and we did a private study which gave us an extra GCSE plus we took 6 options. I took French, Graphic design, History, Music, Religious studies, and Economics. Plus me and Asha studied Latin out of school time and took a GCSE in that. Asha took German, History, Religious studies, Art, Textiles and Business studies as well.”

“So you took…16 GCSE’s!” Hermione said disbelieving

“Well we took a few of them in year 9; the creative writing and both maths.” Lucy said as if that explained it

“Basically we are the Hermione’s of our school got that” I interrupted

Hermione blushed but everyone nodded as they understood.

“Wait if you took textiles will you please help me with my dress for the ball” Ginny looked at me pleadingly and I nodded immediately there was a burst of noise from the common room of requests.

“I will only help Ginny and Hermione, the rest of you I will give pointers to but that is it; I still haven’t finished my costume and I have brilliant ideas for what to do with these two” I explained “Come on you two, show me what you have already”

I followed Ginny and Hermione up the stairs to the head girl’s room.

“So which of you is head girl?” I asked conversationally

“Both” Ginny said

“And I presume both Harry and Ron are head boy?” Lucy said from behind me causing Hermione and Ginny to jump as they hadn’t realised she was there

“Yep” Hermione said blushing again for some reason

“Let’s see these costumes then” I said as I pushed open the door and stepped inside.

There were two beds in there with two trunks

“Costumes out girls” I said and the girls rushed to their trunks and withdrew two dresses.

“Hermione what is the conjuring spell?” I asked

“Pacio” she said

“Ok point your wand over there and imagine one of those shop mannequins then say ‘Pacio expandent”

She looked at me confused but did as I said and was shocked when a mannequin appeared. “Now create another using Gemino” she did as I said and I then placed each of the dresses on a mannequin.

“Now resize each area of the mannequin to your measurements and we can get started”

*  *  *

By 7pm I had just finished Hermione’s outfit and was getting her to create the mask overnight leaving her lists of Latin words for objects to conjure; the joys of studying Latin.

As we left the common room with Professor Muto, the new transfiguration teacher I turned to Lucy

“Well that wasn’t so bad” she said “in fact it was almost fun”

“Easy for you to say, you sat there and gossiped with Ginny the entire time. Talking of Ginny; I have some of that fabric I showed you in the suitcase and I wrote down her measurements before leaving do you reckon…” I said letting Lucy guess what I meant

“Yes!! That’s an amazing idea; she’ll look great in that colour!”Lucy said

“That’s what I thought” I said as we entered what would be our home for the next week ready to get to work.