Still The One

"That was six months ago Carter," he said.
"I don't care Zayn! A lot has happened in six months. You broke my heart and I built a wall around it again. I thought you loved me. I thought we had something special, but I guess I was wrong, huh?"

9. Chapter 9

Carter's P.O.V

It's seven and I'm supposed to meet Blake at Starbucks. As I walk into Starbucks I spot him, but he isn't by himself. He was with another girl. He looked my way and smiled at me. He started walking over to me and the girl was following him.

"Hey, Carter this is Angie my grilfriend," he said. Wait... what? That's his girlfriend? He has a girlfriend? I just stared at him.

"Carter, are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said. Was he leading me on or was I just too focused on getting Zayn off my mind and making him jealous? Maybe him having a girlfriend is telling me something. Maybe it's telling me I should be with Zayn and give him another chance and be a family.

We walked around town and they showed me the places they hang out and party at. Angie was really sweet. I could see us becoming friends. Angie and I exchanged numbers and we were going to hang out later in the week.

I finally got home at 9:30. Zayn was watching T.V, when I walked in.

"Hey," he said

"Hi," I said back.

"How was your date," he asked?

"It wasn't a date. He has a girlfriend. It was just friends hanging out." I told him.

"Oh.. umm I gave Sophia a bath, gave her a bottle, and she went to bed about an hour ago." He said.

"Okay, thanks." I said and walked up to my room. I was getting ready for bed when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said. Zayn walked in. "What's up," I asked?

"Carter?"

"Yeah Zayn," I asked?

"Did you really mean it when you said if I break up with Perrie that we can give us another go?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did Zayn." I said

"Just so you know I'm going over to Perrie's now and breaking uo with her." He said

"Zayn, don't do it because I told you. Do it because you want to and because you're sure you want to be wit hem again. I want you to be sure this time and not make any mistakes again. I don't want my heart broken again. Please don't break it agin." I said quietly. He walked closer to me.

"Carter, I promise I won't break your heart again. I love you and I love Sophia. I want you both in my life. I want to be a family," he said. I started tearing up after he said that. "Carter, don't cry," He said.

"I'm crying happy tears. You make me so happy," I said

"You make me happy too," he said he kissed my nose. " I'll be back in a little bit, okay" he said?

"Okay, Malik I'll be waiting." I said. He smiled at me and walked out the door. Hopefully he does break up with her because if her doesn't my heart will break more, but I don;t know if that's possible.

Zayn's P.O.V

I knocked on Perrie's door and she opened it.

"Hey, babe." she said.

"Hey, umm Perrie we need to talk." I said.

"Oaky, What is it?" I was silent.  "Zayn you're scaring me what's wrong?" She asked.

"Perrie you're a great girl and everything, but I'm so sorry I can't be with you anymore because I..."

"You love Carter still." She said

"How did you know?" I asked

"Zayn, anyone would know if they looked at you." She said

"I'm so sorry," I said

"It's okay. You love her Zayn and I get that. Can we still be friends?" She asked

"Of course," I said smiling and giving her a hug.

"Go get your girl," she said and that's exactly what I did. I walked through the door of the flat and up to Carter's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," she said. I walked in and didn;t say anything to her instead I ran over to her bed, pulled her up and kissed her. She kissed me back.

"I broke up with Perrie." I said and she smiled at me. "Carter Payne will you go on a date with me tomorrow?' I asked

"I'd be delighted too," she said. I kissed her cheek.

"Good night," I said to her.

"Good night," she said. I walked out of her room and into mine. I changed into my pajamas. I layed in bed. My eyes got droopy. I feel asleep with a smile on my face. That night I dreamt of being a family with Carter and Sophia.

*******