Gotta Be You

Hailey and Alex are best friends who love one direction. One day they are sitting together reading a magazine and see the chance to enter a contest to win one lucky kiss with Liam Payne. Read more to see what happens! This is my first movella so sorry if it isnt what you're looking for! (P.S- im not finished with the story this is where im up to at the moment)

9. Somethings up

Part 9

Haileys POV

Something was up with Liam.  I didn’t know what but I was going to find out.  After we finished our little double date the boys asked if we wanted a ride home.  We decided no because since it was so nice we wanted to walk around town and do a little shopping.  As we started walking down the block Alex had the same upset look on her face as she did earlier today.

“Hey I know something is wrong and you didn’t tell me before but you have to tell me now because we are best friends and we tell each other everything and…well that’s it”

“Ok you really want to know what is wrong?” she asked

“YES!”

“Well you know how Liam asked you out” she asked

“Yaaa”

“Well I guess I’m a little jealous that’s all” she said

“Awww you don’t have to be jealous.  I bet Louis will ask you out soon he seems to really like you”

That was it that was the only reason she was upset why couldn’t she have told me.  It wasn’t that big of a deal.  Well I guess people are different so maybe for her it was a big deal.

Alexs POV

What Hailey didn’t know was that what I told her wasn’t the only thing on my mind.  I mean I couldn’t tell her that her boyfriend kept on looking at me and that he may like me.  I just hope that she didn’t realize because she was so caught up in doing her own thing.  I’ll just forget about it I mean looking isn’t a crime is it?  I was just relived that Hailey didn’t realize because if she did she would have said something by now, so I guess I can just take it off my mind Hailey doesn’t know I don’t care, the last thing I want to do is hurt her.

“Hey Alex I have a question” Hailey asked

“Um ya sure anything”

“Did you notice Liam being a bit weird today?” she asked

Aw shit just what I was hoping didn’t happen.  What do I say? Maybe I can just wing it.

“Um nope didn’t realize anything why do you ask?”

“No I was just thinking about it maybe I’m just seeing things.  I just need to relax.” She said

“Ya don’t worry about it you 2 are a very cute couple”

“Thanks I would like to think so” she said happily

We went into a few stores and bought some stuff.  We decided to go home change and then go to the movies because there was a movie that both of us wanted to see.

Liam’s POV

When I got home I decided to go on twitter and see if Niall was on because it is times like this when I really need him.

Hey @NiallOfficial you there I gotta talk 2 u asap!

A few minutes later he replied

@Real_Liam_Payne I’ll be right over mate.  This better be good you caught me right in the middle of a meal!

Oh Niall, after I read that I realized that I was a bit hungry so I went downstairs to get a snack.  As I was finishing up my snack the doorbell rang.  I ran to go and open the door.

“Hey I was eating so this better be good” Niall said

“Ok well so you know Hailey right?”

“Of course she seems really nice why?” he replied

“Well I asked her out”

“That’s great except why couldn’t you have just texted me that?” He said

“Well that’s not all”

“Ya what else?” He said

“Well you know her best friend Alex.  Louis’ girl”

“Ya” Niall said a bit more nervously

I could tell he knew what I was going to say but he just didn’t want me to but I had to tell him eventually.

“Well I think I like her as well”

I was scared for the response Niall was going to give.

“Well listen mate I can’t control your feelings for people but you gotta choose one of them you cant pretend to like Hailey just to see Alex” He said

That got me a bit mad.  Where did he get the idea I wasn’t using Hailey I really liked her but I like Alex a lot as well.

“Hey listen I didn’t say that I was using Hailey I was just saying that I like her as well don’t judge its not like you have ever liked more than one person at the same time”

“I never said that I didn’t like more than one person at the same time but didn’t you just tell Hailey that you guys were boyfriend and girlfriend and also keep in mind that Alex has Louis” Niall said

“Ya I did and maybe I should talk to her and don’t worry I would never do anything to hurt Louis he is like a brother to me”

“I have to go but just remember that if you go for Alex you cant only think about yourself you have to think about how it will effect Louis and Hailey.  Hailey is a really special person.  Ill talk to you later” Niall said

This made me think maybe I shouldn’t talk to Hailey but to Alex.