Gotta Be You

Hailey and Alex are best friends who love one direction. One day they are sitting together reading a magazine and see the chance to enter a contest to win one lucky kiss with Liam Payne. Read more to see what happens! This is my first movella so sorry if it isnt what you're looking for! (P.S- im not finished with the story this is where im up to at the moment)

15. Advice

I couldn’t believe it my sister Ali was here from Italy.  She moved there last year after college, and she rarely comes and visits because of her job priorities.  I ran and gave her a huge hug.

“What are you doing here!” I asked

“What you don’t want me here?” she asked sarcastically

“No of course I do, I just thought with work and all…”

“Well what actually happened was, I was in the office and mom called and I was only talking to her for a few minutes but in that time I guess my boss overheard me say that I wouldn’t be able to make it here at all for a while because of all the work I had and then he told me that since I have been working very hard and I never go on vacation I could take a week off!”

“YOU’RE HERE FOR A WEEK!” I screamed while giving her another hug.  A week may not seem that long but considering I rarely see Ali it seemed like a while.

“Yup!” she said excitingly

“That literally just made my day!”

“I’m glad,” she said smiling

“You look great by the way, very professional” I said

“You too very mature Hal I’m surprised!” she said

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I said while laughing

We finished eating and went home.  I was so happy that Ali was here it was a good way to take my mind off of everything that was going on between me, Alex and Liam.  When we got home I changed into my pajamas and went onto my computer.

All of a sudden I heard a knock at my door.

“Who is it?” I yelled

“Who do you think?” the voice said

By now I knew it was Ali.

“You can come in Ali” I said as she opened the door.

She was already changed into her pajamas as well and looked just about ready for bed.

“What may I assist you in?” I said

“I know what’s going on bud, mom told me about you and Alex” she said

Oh great the one thing I didn’t want to talk about she brings up.

“Oh um ya” I replied

“Well mom said that Alex stole one of your shirts and wont give it back and that’s why you’re fighting but I know that’s not the real reason, so are you gonna tell me?” She asked

“Its really ok” I said

“Hal, I am your big sister I am here for you for anything and everything, come on just tell me, maybe there is something I can do to help” She said

“Ok fine.  Long story short, I won a contest to meet Liam Payne and after the contest we went on a few dates with Alex and Louis and then apparently the whole time Liam liked Alex and I caught them shoving there faces into each other and now neither Alex nor Liam will stop texting and calling me” I said

“Wow, that’s not good, but listen, you and Alex have been best friends since you guys weren’t even born yet.  I don’t remember one day the word Alex didn’t come up in a sentence or one week where you weren’t hanging out with her.  I don’t think that something so stupid like a boy should mess up that friendship, and besides didn’t you say that the boy was the one that liked her? And you don’t even know maybe she went over there to tell him to cut the crap or maybe she forgot something there or I don’t know and he was the one who forced her into it.  I am not saying go jump right back into her arms but maybe try and talk to her” Ali said

“I understand what you are saying but I don’t want to talk to her.  What happens when I hear that it was all her, that she went in for the kiss, that it was her who told Liam to meet her there”

“Well you will never know until you talk to her” Ali said with a small grin on her face

“I am going to go to sleep because I am so jetlag, but if you need anything my door is always open” she said while getting up

“Thanks Ali, I am really glad you’re here” I said

“Me too” she said while walking out.

Maybe Ali was right.  Maybe I did need to talk to Alex.  I wasn’t going to be friends with her, but the least I could do was forgive her.