Loved You First

Zayn Malik was new to his school and was bullied like crazy, but when he meets Riley, the sister of one of the bullies, they become the closest friends. But when they both realize what their dreams are, will it tear them apart? or will they do everything to keep their once in a lifetime friendship alive?

13. Let Me Love You

Loved You First ~Ch IX

**One Month Later**

.:~Zayn’s PoV~:.

“Don’t forget to remember me.” She whispered into my shirt as I held her close. She was leaving today for New Jersey for a month.

“I won’t. You’re impossible to forget love.” I replied. We kissed for a long time, then the PA System announced: “Flight 639 to New Jersey is now boarding.”

“Well,” Riley sighed, “That’s me. I’ll see you in a month.”

“I may not be home when you get home.” I sighed

“Oh really? That sucks.” She sighed, “Why may you not be home?”

“I can’t tell you… it’s a surprise.” I laughed

“Okay then. I love you Zayn.”

“I love you too Riley. Always have, always will.” We kissing one more time then she got on the plane. I was going to miss her, but I was kind of happy she was leaving now, because I wouldn’t feel guilty leaving her behind. I looked at my watch. This time tomorrow, I will be auditioning for the XFactor. I am beyond excited. I decided not to tell Riley because she would feel bad for missing my audition and if I didn’t make it, she wouldn’t have to be sad for me.

I woke up extra early this morning. I quickly got dressed and ate breakfast. My parents were going to meet me in Manchester a little later. I was going to sing Let Me Love You by Mario and it would be dedicated to Riley. I was going to sing it to her at prom because there was always an open mic thing if she had still been with Sean at the time, but luckily enough, she was my date to prom. I finally pulled up at the auditions and signed in. I waited for a while then my parents showed up. We waited a little longer then finally, my name was called. It was time. This audition would decide the rest of my life.

I walked on stage and Simon asked,

“What’s your name?”

“Zayn.” I replied

“Okay Zayn, and what are you going to sing for us?”

“Mario’s ‘Let Me Love You’.”

“Okay.”

Okay Zayn, I thought to myself, you can do this. For Riley. I opened my mouth and started to sing, “You're the type of woman that deserves good things…”

Simon stopped me after I sung a couple of the verses,

“So Louis, what do you think?”
“Mmmm… YES!” Louis replied

“Thank you.” I said

“Nicole?” Simon asked

“Yes.” She smiled

“Thank you.” Now it was Simon’s turn. I hear he is so tough, so I really hope he’ll like me,

“Zayn…” he started, “I’m going to say yes.”

He said yes… I got three yeses. I smiled,

“Thank you.” And then I walked off stage. Three yeses. That just decided my fate.

(A/N: I took the time to watch Zayn’s audition and copied down everything that was said haha)

.:~Riley’s PoV~:.

I woke up to see the beautiful sunlight streaming through my windows. I looked over at my clock, it was 9AM here in New Jersey, and so over in England it was 3PM. I have already been here for a week. I got dressed, did my hair and makeup then walked downstairs to see a boy around my age along with a man and a woman sitting at my dining room table with my parents. The boy was very attractive so I was glad I had gotten all ready before I came downstairs, not that I cared, I want to be with Zayn, that’s all I want.

“Morning Riley!” my mom greeted me.

“Hey mom.” I smiled then looked at the new people. My mom caught me looking,

“OH RIGHT!” she laughed, “Riley, this is Mr. and Mrs. Peters and their son John.”

“Hello.” I said with a smile and shook all of their hands.

“Please call me Taylor.” Mrs. Peters said.

“Yes and call me Rob.” Mr. Peters added.

“Hello Rob, Taylor and John.” I greeted them again.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you.” John said

“Yes. Your father here hasn’t shut up at work about you coming for weeks!” Rob added.

“Well Riley,” my dad said catching my attention, “The Peters, your mother and I have to go out to a brunch thing for work, so I thought well we were doing that, John here could show you around the lovely little township of Little Egg Harbor.” (A/N: This is a real place)

“Um, sure.” I said

“It’s not a huge town, but I will show you some of the interesting stuff.” John said

“Sounds good. Want to go now?”

“Okay. Why not?” he laughed

We both walked outside. It was nice and warm.

As we walked, he pointed out some of the places and things to do and we got to know each other a little bit. He was really funny and incredibly nice. He kind of reminded me of a nerdier version of Zayn.

“So…” he said after we had been walking in silence for a bit, “do you have a boyfriend?”

“Uh, um yea.” That question kinda caught me off guard.

“Tell me about him.”

“Um, okay. His name is Zayn. He was my best friend from the time we were eight until we were about 17. Then he caught my boyfriend cheating on me. I didn’t believe him at first but then I caught my boyfriend. It was on Christmas. Anyways, after I caught my, well now ex-boyfriend, cheating, I went over to Zayn’s and we kissed. We’ve been happily together since.”

“You must really miss him.”

“Yea, I mean it’s only been a week, but I know that I won’t see him for a month, so that makes me really miss him.”

“Oh.”

“What about you? Do you have anyone special in your life?”

“Nah. Non of the girls here are too appealing.”

“Ahhh.”

“Yea, oh here we are. This is where most of the kids hang out.” He said as we stopped in front of a restaurant called Gennaro's Cafe Bakery (This is a real place there hahaha).

“Okay cool.”

“It’s about lunch time. Want to get a bite to eat here. There will probably still be some of my friends here.”

“Sounds good. If any of your friends are as cool as you then I’d love to meet them.”

He blushed after I said that. We walked in and a booth of kids waved at us… well John. Those must be his friends. I was right, because he waved back and we walked up to them. There were four guys and three girls.  One of the girls looked very similar to one of the guys so I figured they must be siblings.

“Hey guys!” John greeted his friends.

“Hey John.” One of the boys said and acknowledged us to sit. We joined them in booth. Everyone looked at me then finally one of the girls looked over at John, *cough* “Introduce us.” *cough*.

“Oh yea. Guys, this is Riley. She lives with her grandmother in England and is here visiting her parents for the month.” John said, then turned to me, “Riley, this is Russell.” He said pointing to one of the boys, “This is his twin sister Alyssa.” He nodded at the girl who looked like Russell. I was right! Ha! “This is Andrew and his girlfriend Mary-Kate.” He said looking at a blonde haired boy with his arm around a curly-haired brunette. “Hi.” I said shyly.

“Hey.” Andrew nods at me.

John continued, “That’s Matt, the one with the glasses. Nikki is the blonde haired girl and finally there is Patrick, the one with the big muscles.”

Patrick laughed, “You know it. So Riley, welcome to the little town of Little Egg Harbor. What do you think of it so far?”
“Well I haven’t seen much of it yet, but so far it seems like a cute little place. But I’m more of a big city girl. I’m from Bradford, which has a population of almost 300 000 people.”

“Ah, well you are defiantly not in Bradford anymore sweetie.” Nikki laughed

“Yea I know. It’ll defiantly take some getting used to.” I laughed.

We spent the entire day hanging out, all nine of us. I really liked John and his friends. There were all so funny and cool. It was nice to have more than one friend. After we had been hanging out for awhile, I looked at my watch and realized it was already 6PM,

“Shoot.” I laughed, “I should get home.”

“Okay, hey do you have Facebook and/or Twitter?” Alyssa asked.

“Um yea, my Facebook is Riley Campbell and my Twitter is @RyRyCamps.”

“Okay, we will add you.” Russell said.

“Okay.”

“Wait! Before you go, let’s get a picture of our first day together.”

“Sounds good. I need memories from here.” I agreed.

We asked a man on the street that John knew to take the picture. John pulled me up onto his back and Andrew did the same to Mary-Kate. Nikki put her arm around Russell and Alyssa put her elbow on his shoulder and Pat put his arm around Nikki.

“Three… two… one… CHEESE!” the man said then took the picture. He handed John his phone back and we looked at it.

“Nice.” I said

“Wow, who’s that really good looking guy on the end there? Oh wait, that’s me!” Patrick laughed. John leaned in and whispered to me, “He is a little full of himself, but still a great guy.” That made me laugh. I said goodbye to my new friends then went home. When I got home, I saw I had eight new friend requests and eight new followers, aka my new friends. I was tagged in all of their tweets and in John’s, he attached the photo and did the same on Facebook and tagged us all in it. I laughed. I was glad I at least had some friends here, but my best friend will forever be Zayn.

I decided to send a quick message on Facebook to Zayn. It was after midnight there, so he is probably asleep, but he’ll get it in the morning. I just told him about my day, how much I miss him and that I love him.

.:~Zayn’s PoV~:.

I have been back home all week packing my stuff for the XFactor. It was midnight when I went to sleep, but only to be awakened about half and hour later by my phone beeping. I had three new notifications. One from Twitter and two from Facebook, both from Riley. I read the tweet first,

<@RyRyCamps: Great day with @John_P @LyssieG and others, but there is still no place like home with my @zaynmalik. I miss you babe> John? Who was he? Oh well, it looks like she is still thinking of me, so I won’t be too worried. It’s only three more weeks, right? And I’m on the XFactor so it’s all good, ye know, cuz if I win, she’ll want to stick with her celebrity boyfriend, right? No reason to worry… I hope. I sent her a quick reply

<@zaynmalik: @RyRyCamps glad you are having a good time love, I miss you like hell and have some great news when you get back <3 stay safe babe>

Next I went on Facebook. I had a message from Riley. It just told me about her day, how much she missed me and that she loved me. I went and snooped around her profile and there was one new picture she had been tagged in. It was her and about 8 other people. She was on someone’s back; I’m guessing that was John. I couldn’t help but feel a little jealous though. I really hope he doesn’t take her from me.

~Kenny Tomlinson <3