Brothers Best Friend

Sara Williams was just a normal 16 year old girl. But her brother has been friends with Niall Horan. She's always kinda had feelings for him, but doesn't know if he feels the same way. She really wishes he does... But would it be weird having a relationship with her brothers best friend?

1. Keeping it a secret

Driving on the long dirt road to get to my house was well... Lonely. I was by myself and there wasn't a single car that passed by for the last mile. But I kinda liked the whole being alone thing. I mean after what my pshyco ex-boyfriend did to me and all the backstabbers being alone was ok.

I finally got to the long winding driveway leading to my house. There were more cars in the driveway than usuall. I grabbed my dance bag, that was big enough to fit a body in, and walked inside.

"Jay!" I screamed over the tv that was blasting.

"Hey Sara." He said

I glanced over at his best friend, Niall Horan. I've always had a little crush on him but he's 19... And I'm 16. He'd never like me back. I went upstairs put my bag down and grabbed my guitar. I sat on my bed and started singing 'Cassie' by flyleaf.

Jay and I have always had a sibling rivalry. Mostly because my parents always told me to be like my brother and I obviously wasn't. Usually it was always 'Jay' this and 'Jay' that.

My thoughts were interupted by a knock on my door. I really didn't wanna answer it right now but I guess I had to.

"It's open" I yelled and went back to strumming the chorus.

"Hey" an Irish accent said as my brothers best friend walked in.

"Hey Niall" I said

"Was that you playing?" He asked

"Yeah..." I said

"You're good" he said

"Thanks" I said

He sat next to me on the bed and put his hand on mine. My stomach was filled with butterflies at this point. I put the guitar down and looked at him. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"What are you doing?" I asked with confusion practically written all over my face

"This" he said and next thing I knew his lips were on mine.

Where did this come from? Did he seriously like me? Was he dared to do this? About a million thought crossed my mind at this point.

He pulled away slowly. Shock was clearly taking over me now. My brother clearly didn't want me dating anyone he was friends with.

"I like you Sara" he said

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

"I like you too" I said

"I know your brother doesn't want you to date me... So lets keep this a secret from him. Ok? Cause I don't wanna lose you" he said

"Really" I said

"Yeah" he said and pressed his lips against mine again.

"Niall!!!" I heard Jay yell from downstairs

"Bye" he said, hugged me and walked away

Did Niall Horan, my brothers best friend really want to be with me? Or was it a game?