6. Really moist chocolate cake
NOT SUITABLE FOR NUT ALLERGY SUFFERERS!!!!!!!
Really moist chocolate cake!!!!!
Plenty of almonds and butter give this moist cake a rich flavour. For an everyday version, dust the cake with icing sugar instead of filling and covering it with chocolate cream.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
You will need:
. 250 g cadburys Bournville chocolate, broken into pieces
. 250g unsealed butter, melted
. 5 eggs
. 50g light muscavo sugar
. 125g self raising flour
. 75g ground almonds
. Chocolate cream
. 150ml pint double cream
. 150g cadburys Bournville chocolate, chopped
1. Grease and Line a 23cm square cake tin. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, place over a pan of gently simmering water and leave until melted. Stir in the butter.
2. Beat together the eggs and sugar until slightly thickened. Sift the flour over the mixture, then add the almonds and chocolate mixture and fold in until evenly combined. bake in a pre heated oven, 160c gas mark 3, for about 35 minutes until just firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
3. Meanwhile, make the chocolate cream. Heat the cream in a saucepan until almost boiling. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate. Leave until the chocolate has melted, then stir until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool until thickened.
4. Slice of the top of the cake if it has risen in the centre. Halve the cake horizontally and sandwich the halves with one - third of the chocolate cream. Spread the remainder over the top and sides of the cake, swirling it decoratively with a palette knife.
5. Eat and enjoy!!!!!