Need Help

• Ms Holly

Need Help

2 years agoReply
    There's a particular girl in my year who is driving me insane. We both have the same name, which can't be helped, but she's copying me in every other way.
    She bought exactly the same bag, the same style shoes and the same pleated school skirt as I did.
    She wrote all the answers to our yr10 algebra test on her arms and cheated her way into my set.
    She joined the school dance crew because I'm in it, even though she's always moaning about how stupid dancing is.
    This annoys me the most though: I have alopecia, so I don't have any hair. She took a ladies razor, and shaved her head, even though she went on and on and on about how much she loved her hair.
    I've tried talking to my teachers about it, but they just tell me that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and every time I talk to her about it, she starts shouting at me, and once she even picked me up and threw me in a bin. She's about 5'8", so she could easily do it again, and I'm scared she will.
    Please help.
    Y. Nirvana
    2 years ago
    I was about to say the same thing that your teachers did but shaving her hair off? That is a bit extreme. I would suggest avoiding her because maybe she gets her satisfaction when you tell her that she irritates you. Perhaps you should change your school bag every day but don't allocate each bag to a certain day - just randomly choose one. That could be really expensive though but you could always borrow off your sister/mum or get low priced but nice looking cloth tote bags. Alternatively, accessorize your current bag with badges, scarves etc. This should annoy her because she won't be able to copy you :)
    Ms Holly
    2 years ago
    Alright then, I'll try to.
    KellyHolmes2be
    2 years ago
    I'm clearing out my wardrobe, so you can have all my old bags and scarves. You touch my Breaking Dawn tote bag though, and you're dead. Even if it'll annoy Bry2 to the max.
    Ms Holly
    2 years ago
    You can keep it, as you know I hate Twilight. Thanks for letting me have all your old ones though.
    IceCreamGirl
    2 years ago
    Aw, I'm sorry! Everyone always says that about flattery, but it's just plain annoying when people copy you. I'd say the same as Y, try and be more individual. Change bags or alternate with them, wear things (badges and such) that are pretty hard to find... I'd mainly wait for it to try and die down, while avoiding her as much as possible. Or make it clear that you don't like her and that what she's doing doesn't make her cool (but not in a way that'd REALLY anger her). Blanking works pretty well. Sorry, I'm not that good at this stuff.
    But seriously, she threw you in a BIN? You should definitely report that to a teacher, that's not normal or good. To avoid that happening, definitely avoid her.
    I'm really sorry about this! *hugs*
    MollyMasters7
    2 years ago
    Sorry to hear about this :( It's so annoying when people copy, but I would agree with your teachers in saying that this girl is copying you because she admires you. She may not show it very nicely, but she really does like you.
    She shows her dominance by throwing you around and shouting at you (which is nonetheless unacceptable), but she is also really jealous of you.
    She wants to be exactly like you! Try to see past the fact that she's a copycat, and pity the girl. In conclusion, she's so bored, as well as uninventive, that she has to copy your style and life.
    Just think yourself lucky, you're a trendsetter!
    Keep your head up!
    Could you please check out my story?
    Head Over HeelsWhen Ashley joins best friend Sarah for a party, she least expects to meet someone as amazing as Will. But is love and alcohol a good combination for...
    Thanks so much <3 <3
    Nina :)
    2 years ago
    This girl clearly has very low self esteem, maybe there's a story behind all of this behaviour??
    Emperor of Rome
    2 years ago
    Tell her right on her face about how bad she is. You don't need to be scared of anyone, and just tell her so much that she should be embarrassed. If she attacks you, block her attacks, go tell a teacher at once! Or tell your headteacher or who ever is in charge. Then the issue will be solved.
    ღMadiGreeღ
    2 years ago
    From what I can tell, this girl is already pretty weird and very insecure. It`s kinda creepy that she`s copying you obviously but your teachers are sort of right when they say it`s a form of flattery. But trust me, I know from personal experience that having people follow and copy your every move is infuriating.

As far as the teachers not doing anything, they kinda can't/shouldn't. They're not exactly allowed. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I know they aren't.

You should definitely try accessorizing differently. That should work for a little while :)

I'm sorry, I have no personal experience with being thrown into a bin. I don't think anybody has attempted. I'm one of the stronger people in my school's female population ;)

Give it time,
    I'm sure things will get better soon.
    ღMadiGreeღ
    2 years ago
    I could also use some help of my own...if you guys don't mind of course.

I have an online diary called 'My Life' could you all please check it out and give me some advice?