Pens (or keyboards) at the ready
You've just joined Movellas, what next? (or maybe you've been a member forever and just want a reminder of that wonderful new feeling)
You have just entered a world of writing, reading and sharing. But it can all be a little scary at first. everyone is talking and joking and seems to know each other (that first day at school feeling). We call this Early Onset Movellas Fever (EOMF for short), but we are pretty good at dealing with it now.
Strange thoughts that may include:
- How am I supposed to get people to comment on my stories, to like them and favourite them?
- I'll never get 10,000 people to read what I write.
- I'm rubbish at writing.
- Maybe I should curl up in bed with tea, toast and The Hunger Games.
- What would it be like if we didn't have any thumbs? That would suck.
A giddy or nervous feeling, often felt around your left ankle.
Palpitations and a headache.
Constantly checking under your Movellas to see if there has been new comments or likes.
Smashing your computer into a thousand pieces.
If you are experiencing any three of the above symptoms, it is likely you are suffering with EOMF.
A doctor, Movellas user, teacher or me will be able to confirm this diagnosis.
There are many treatment options, and with technology rushing ahead more are always becoming available. Below is a list of the most popular and effective, but please let me know if there are alternative approaches that we are unsure of.
- Check out this video, it explains a lot.
- Write a short story or poem (it does not have to be long, short often works best to start with) and upload it. Add a nice description and cover for that professional look.
- Introduce yourself on the forums. Let people know there that you have written something and are looking for feedback. (Make sure you do it nicely, people respond much better and are more likely to be nice in return.)
- Add your Movella to this group. It has been made just for your first Movella and is a great place to meet other new users and begin reading, writing and giving your own feedback.
- Find other groups that are interesting or suitable.
- Leave me a comment on my blog and I will check your Movella out.
- Find a competition to enter. We are always running lots of competitions with great prizes. Working to a deadline and with a specific purpose is a great way to make you focus on a project and make sure you finish it.
EOMF usually only lasts for a few days. After this period, it is common to have hundreds of reads and comments, a list of Movellas THIS high to read, and a thousand ideas to write.