I use one of your apps, can I write a story on it?
To write a story, you have to use the main website and log in with your details there. Unfortunately, you cannot currently write new stories from our apps. Although we are hoping to make this possible very soon!
What is the Movellas Forum?
- Fan Fiction
- Mystery & Suspense
- Non Fiction
- Paranormal & Supernatural
- Pets & Animals
- Science Fiction
- Thriller & Horror
This way it’s easier for you to find exactly the kind of stories you want to read!
What are Featured Stories and Hidden Gems?
These are stories chosen by our ambassadors and editors. The stories are displayed on the frontpage so that they’re easy to find even though you’re new on the site.
How do I read a story on Movellas?
When you want to read a new story you can either browse through our categories or search through popular, updated and latest stories.
Click on the story you want to read. Now you can
- Open in reader
- Get the e-book
What does the “like” button mean?
Add a star to the story by clicking the like-button. The stories with the most stars month will show up in “Popular this month” on the frontpage.
What is “Add to favourites”?
When you add a story to your favourites it will show up under the list “My Favourite” on your profile. You can use this like a bookshelf.
What does it mean to “become fan of author”?
When you’re fan of an author you’ll receive an e-mail, when the author publishes new stories or add chapters to existing stories. You can see all the authors you’re fan of on your profile.
What does it mean to “tweet” a story?
When you tweet a story you share the story with your friends on Twitter.
What does it mean to “like” a story on Facebook?
When you like a story on Facebook a link to the story will show on your facebook-wall.
How do I create a new movella?
Go to “Me” and click “New Movella” and be sure to complete all the tabs.
After you’ve written a chapter you can either choose to “Save as draft” or “Save and publish”. If you publish your story it will be visible to all users on Movellas.
How do I edit a movella that I’ve started?
Go to “My Movellas” and click “Edit”. You can choose to edit the 1) Story Info 2) Covers 3) Chapters
How do I invite co-authors?
Go to co-authors, click “invite co-authors”. You can invite co-authors form your fanlist and have private discussions with them.
Is there a minimum or maximum word count for stories?
How do I delete a story?
Go to “Story info” and click the orange button “Delete”.
Do you accept content in languages other than English?
Yes – we accept all languages!
How can I get more people to read and comment on my movellas?
- Comment on other people’s stories. This way they’ll probably check out what you’ve written. If you’re one of the most active users your profile will show on the frontpage under “Commentators”.
- Enter competitions. This way a lot of users will see your story.
- Be active in the Forum – this will make you more visible on the site
- Write on your blog to create engagement and connection with your readers.
- Share your story with your friends on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the “tweet”-button or the Facebook-like-button.
- Share your story on our Facebook-page by copying the link and posting it at: https://www.facebook.com/Movellas
- Get writing tips on Movellas’ blog and become an even better author.
How do I enter writing competitions?
Choose the competition you want to enter and click the “Join this competition“ button. Now start writing your movella!