Where there is no imagination, there is no horror - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Halloween has spawned a plethora of scary, spooky stories, ranging from ancient, gothic ghost tales, to more contemporary ones. However the tale is told and in whichever format, the reader is always guaranteed to be spooked, frightened and sometimes stunned!
Why are you telling me this?
Well Movellians, prepare to be stunned with our Spooky Story competition, sponsored by our friends at:
Swapit.co.uk is the best place on the web to get awesome things for FREE – including games, gadgets, films and fashion! Sign-up for free at www.swapit.co.uk
Tell me more I hear you cry.....
You have just over 2 weeks to write the scariest, spookiest, most chilling story that you can imagine. There are no other restrictions to this competition, but there is a slight twist. As Swapit are our exclusive partner for this competition, who are experts in swapping stuff, we thought it would make it more interesting if we asked you to be very imaginative and swap conventional settings and characters for unconventional ones, without compromising the main genre/theme. For example, your main character may be a vampire but the setting is a shopping centre. Or you main character may be a checkout worker, but the story’s set in a haunted house.
1) We've divided the comeptiton into 2 sections:
- UK entrants will be in with the chance of winning an amazing amount of Swapits.
- Non-UK entrants can win an ipod touch, and 2 sets of "The Enemy" series by Charlie Higson, thanks to our lovely friends at Penguin.
2) You can be from anywhere, write in any style and to any length, and write stories, poems or novels.
3) Enter by using the BIG GREEN BUTTON in the corner that says 'Join This Competition'.
5) Get writing!
1) Winner - 5,000 swapits
2) Runner up - 1,000 swapits
3) Runner up - 1,000 swapits
One More Thing - Check out The Big Deal Frenzy!
Swapit has got all the spooky stuff you'll be needing for the best Trick-or-Treat session ever!! Plus lots of scary stories from our friends at Random House Children's Books. Take a look HERE & get bidding!
P.S DO NOT write your entry in our comments section as it will not be counted, please make sure that you upload it as a new movella and enter it into the competition using the 'Join This Competition' button in the corner.