Following on from our bookclub and the release of Crusher, Movellas brings you a new Crime Writing Competition.
Some of the world's best and most popular stories are built around the dangerous urban world of crime. A thrill seeking adventure, a detective's unwravelling a mystery or even a superhero fighting the organized mafia of Gotham.
Niall Leonard releases his incredible new novel Crusher this week, famously written within a month and dealing with family secrets and the seedy London underworld. We are giving you the chance to imitate his success in this crime writing contest! Earlier, he told us how he wrote to such a tight time limit and we also have an awesome extract to inspire you further.
To make things EVEN MORE exciting, authors Mark Edwards and Louise Voss will help to judge the competition! They became writing partners after Louise saw Mark on a TV documentary about aspiring writers and wrote their first thriller, Killing Cupid, while living 6000 miles apart, which helped prevent arguments. Catch Your Death followed, the first novel to feature virologist Kate Maddox, which was the first British indie novel to reach No.1 on Amazon. Their third novel, All Fall Down, will be published in February.
You want details? You can't handle the details!
On second thoughts, you might need details:
1) You can be from anywhere, write in any style and to any length, and write stories, poems or novels.
2) It must be based around the theme of crime.
3) The winning three stories will receive copies of Crusher, and the first prize will have their piece critiqued by Mark Edwards and Louise Voss.
4) Enter by using the BIG GREEN BUTTON in the corner that says 'Join This Competition'.
5) A shortlist will be made based on likes, reads and favourites - so be sure to share your story with everyone you know.
6) Get writing!