1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to any writer aged 14 years and over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by midnight on 23rd November 2012.
4. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
5. Entry is via the relevant competition page on www.movellas.com only.
6. All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of the Penguin Marketing team. The winner will be the entry that in the opinion of the judges is most imaginative and creative.
7. The prize for one winner will be: publication of their deleted scene (short story) within Girl Heart Boy: No Such Thing As Forever ebook, an expenses-paid lunch with the editor of Girl Heart Boy in central London and a guided tour of the Penguin Books head office at 80 Strand. The winner must pay for their own travel expenses. No further monies relating to the publication of the winner’s deleted scene (short story) will be due to the winner following that publication, in any manner or format. The promoter reserves the right to remove the deleted scene (short story) from the Girl Heart Boy ebook at any time. Because of this, the winner must be a resident of the UK or RoI.
8. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative available.
9. The winner will be notified via email or post by 7th December 2012. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. To obtain details of the winners please email email@example.com stating the name of the promotion in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoters are Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0RL.