Senior Java platform developer
Movellas is a social community where 25K teenagers daily share their writing and connect with other teenagers who love to read, and discover new stories and authors.
Type Permanent Full Time
Location Copenhagen / London
Start Date Immediate
Summary and key responsibilities
Movellas is looking for an experienced Java developer to join a growing team. As a platform developer you will be key in designing and building high available scalable multitiered services that users in over 100 countries around the globe are passionate about.
As a Senior Java Platform developer at Movellas you are expected to have strong core java skills and excellent design and problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to quickly learn and adapt to the latest web technologies.
We expect you to have a positive get-it-done attitude and excellent communication skills.
Working for Movellas
You should apply to Movellas if you feel comfortable with the following “I am” statements:
- Passionate and ambitious about building great products
- Not attracted by normal 9 to 5 jobs
- Ready to work hard when we have big releases
- In it for the long run and excited about being part of a fast growing business
- like to learn a lot and be part of a fast growing global business
- Happy to work in either Copenhagen or London or both
We expect you to have:
- Higher education as a computer scientist, (master) computer engineering, or equivalent
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in developing Web 2.0 applications based on Java platform and object-oriented programming techniques.
- Experience with distributed systems, scalable architectures and middleware technologies
- Team player with excellent communication skills
You may have:
- Experience with these technologies:
- JavaEE, Java Persistence API (JPA) / Hibernate, EJB 3.0, CDI, servlets, web services
- Java, Spring framework, MVC, Tapestry5, unit testing
- Application server(s); JBoss, Glassfish, Tomcat
- Relational databases; Postgresql, Oracle
- Experience with IDE like Eclipse or Netbeans
- Experience with the maven and version control, subversion / git
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Recent articles featuring Movellas
- BBC Click: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9614953.stm
- Wired: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-08/16/movellas-europe
- Mashable: http://mashable.com/follow/topics/movellas/
- WSJ: http://onespot.wsj.com/small-business/2011/08/12/a1cd1/movellas-is-like-youtube-for-ebooks
Send application and resumé to: email@example.com